Shy | F.W. x Reader

In celebration of Gryffindor's win against Slytherin, a party was thrown in the common room. The music that came from the speakers were muffled by the door.

"So, you aren't coming to the party?" Fred asked, looking slightly disappointed.

I shook my head, sitting on the edge of my bed, "Freddie, as much as I want to be down there with you, there's just too many people."

He pouted as he sat down next to me, "Then, I'm not going too."

I rolled my eyes at him, "Fred, you don't have to do that. I just don't want to make a fool of myself and embarrass you."

"Hey," he cooed, gently turning my head to face him, "You won't make a fool out of yourself or ever embarrass me. So, it's either we go to the party together or we stay here."

I sighed, "Fine. Give me a minute to change."

Fred talked to Lee and George, one hand holding his cup of Firewhiskey, the other rested contentedly on my waist.

"You okay love?" He whispered, "You seem awfully quiet."

I nodded, fidgeting with a loose thread from my dress, "I'm fine."

"Hey Y/N!" Hermione greeted as she approached us, "Nice to see you here for a change."

I gave a nervous chuckle, "Oh um... Yeah, I guess."

"Are you okay?" She asked, "You look a little pale."

I nodded, "Oh, sorry, I'm fine."

She gently took my hand, "Come on! I want to introduce you to some friends."

I glanced at my boyfriend, who gave me an encouraging smile, pushing me gently, "Go on. I'll be right here if you need me."

Hermione led me over to a small group of girls, "This is Y/N, Fred's girlfriend that I was telling you about."

They smiled as they introduced themselves: Rose, Jessica and Ashley.

That's when the topic of boys was opened up. I silently stood there while they giggled.

"So Y/N," Ashley suddenly said, "how is it like, dating Fred?"

I offered her a small smile, "I-it's like living a dream. He's such a gentleman and is so sweet and caring."

Silence lingered in the group as I trailed off.

"Go on!" Jessica encouraged with a friendly smile, "Tell us more."

Over the course of the night, I got more and more comfortable with the conversation. I guess coming to this party wasn't such a bad idea after all.

"We should totally do this again sometime." Rose said as Hermione and I nodded in agreement.

"It was great finally meeting you, Y/N!" Ashley and Jessica said as they headed out of the common room.

I turned to Hermione, "Thank you for introducing me to them."

She grinned, "It was my pleasure."

An arm suddenly went around my waist as I turned and faced a drunk Fred.

"Hey beautiful." He said with a small wink, "Are you single?"

I giggled, "No. I actually have a boyfriend."

He suddenly backed away, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."

I rolled my eyes at him, "You're my boyfriend you idiot!"

"Oh yeah. I forgot."