Under the Moonlight | Roommates!Au

At first, you didn't think that you would be best friends with your roommate.

The two of you were polar opposites – Fred was loud, chaotic and was always the center of attention or the life of every party. You, on the other hand, was shy, quiet and always had a book within reach.

You and Fred weren't close. The two of you talked occasionally, helped each other with homework every now and then.

But, you couldn't deny the fact that you found Fred attractive. That was because he was.

The way that his hair was always windswept, like he had just come back from the beach. The way his eyes would light up whenever he told you about a new prank. The way that he managed to brighten up the room just by simply walking in.

Just like a typical story.

On a regular Friday night, you were sitting on the couch of the living room – scrolling through Netflix, looking for another movie to binge on.

"Can't find anything to watch?" A familiar voice suddenly asked, causing you to glance over the couch.

Fred stood behind you, his hands shoved into his pockets while a small smile adorned his lips. He was in his pajamas and his hair was a little bit messier than usual.

You sighed, "Yeah. It's either like I've already watched it or I don't find it interesting."

He plopped down beside you, gently taking the remote from your lap, "Why don't I find some good movies and then you decide whether you're interested or not."

You nodded, giving him a teasing smile, "Those better be good Weasley."

"I only know quality movies L/N." He joked.

After going through a handful of movies, the two of you decided to watch "The Intern".

After the movie, you had realized that you were cuddled up by Fred's side and the two of you seemed reluctant to let go.

"You're right Fred." You said, neither of you breaking eye contact, "You only know quality movies."

Ever since, it kind off became an unspoken agreement that the two of you would have a movie marathon every Friday night.

Both of you would just avoid plans on Friday, plop down on the couch and scroll through Netflix.

One night, after watching an amazing rom-com – Fred and you stayed in silence before he stood up and headed away from the couch.

Thinking that he was just going to the bathroom, you pulled out your phone and started replying to some texts.

Soft music started to fill the room, catching you by surprise. You looked up to see Fred standing in front of you, a shy smile on his lips as he offered you, his hand.

"May I have this dance?"

You stared at him in shock, your heart racing with every passing minute, "Me?"

Fred laughed, keeping his arm extended, "Is there anyone else here that I should be asking?"

You mentally cursed yourself for giving such a dumb answer and possibly looking like an idiot.

You took his hand as he led you towards the window, where the two of you were standing right under the moonlight.

You placed your arms around his neck as he rested his hands on your waist, the two of you swaying slowly to the music.

The two of you stared deeply into each other's eyes, all of your surroundings dissolving into the background – as if the world only revolved around the two of you.

Fred then started to lean forward, his eyes flickering from yours to your lips.

Getting the hint, you also leaned forward, connecting your lips together in a most-awaited kiss.

"I love you." He muttered once you've pulled away, not opening his eyes.

"I love you too.' You whispered.