A Kiss from You | Prince!Fred

A slight tension still hung in the atmosphere, but now, with an air of peace and tranquillity. The raging war between the two kingdoms had finally come to an end, but the aftermath was - pretty much - still visible.

Carnage spread throughout the land, others were fortunate enough to get away with a few injuries - some were minor, some grave - but they had survived, nonetheless.

Being the palace doctor meant that having them bring in the heir to the throne, Prince Fred, alive was a sight for sore eyes (even though there was blood gushing from a wound in his arm).

I breathed a sigh, "Thank God he's alive! Is there any other injury I need to know about?"

The guard shook his head, "No. The wound was slashed by a sword."

I nodded, thanking him before turning to the Prince, who groaned a bit in pain.

"How're you feeling your highness?" I asked as I started to disinfect and clean the wound.

"Fine." He answered, wincing a bit, "But I've been better. And I think that I've already told you to just call me Fred."

I chuckled quietly, continuing on the treatment, "If you insist Fred."

He was silent for the rest of the process which was weird, since he was the type to always be cracking jokes and making other people laugh. It was unusual for him to be so... quiet."

"Is everything alright?" I asked, pulling up a chair and sitting next to him, "You seem so quiet."

Fred sighed, reaching for my hand, "It's just, the war makes you think about your life and your future. If you're not lucky enough, in just a snap of your finger: you're gone. And you start to regret not doing everything you wished you did."

I offered him a small smile, trying to enlighten the tension, "That's quite deep. And if you don't mind me asking: what are the things you wish you did?"

He mustered a smile, "Well then, Doctor L/N, prepare to be my therapist for the next hour or so."

I laughed, "First of all, I told you to call me Y/N. Second of all, take as much time as you need, I can stay here all day."

Once we had finished talking, Fred took a deep breath, "Wow! That felt amazing."

I grinned, "See? I can be a doctor and a therapist at the same time."

"So, how're you feeling now?" I asked.

Fred grinned, "A lot better. But can I ask a favor from you?"

I nodded, "Sure."

"Well, I was wondering if you had a specific type of medicine, it's kinda rare actually." He said.

I thought about it for a moment, "Well, what is it called?"

"A kiss from you." He answered with a small smile.

I raised a brow at him, "Pardon?"

"A kiss from you." He repeated.

I leaned forward, connecting our lips together in a soft kiss, "Better?"

"I feel as good as new." Fred said with a huge grin, "Be my girlfriend?"

"I would love nothing more."