So Much for Secrecy | F.W. x Reader

Summary: When Fred starts sending letters that weren't up to his usual standards - you start to get worried.

"Are you sure you can't stay over at the Burrow for the summer?" Fred pouted, holding on to you as tightly as he could without suffocating you

You giggled, wrapping your arms around his neck as you gave him a smile, "I already told you. We're going to our summer house since this is the first time my sister's been home since she went off to college. I'll write to you everyday and I'll be able to head to the Burrow two weeks before school starts."

"Fine." He huffed, pecking your lips, "You better write to me everyday."

"I promise." You said, still smiling up at him.

"C'mon Fred! You're just parting for the summer! You're not a soldier going into war." George called out from the spot where he and the rest of the Weasley family were waiting.

Fred rolled his eyes at his twin, causing you to laugh.

"Go! Your family is waiting."

"They can wait a little bit longer." He muttered, bending down to connect your lips in a brief kiss.

"Oi lover boy! Hurry up!" George's call came again.

"Coming!" Fred said, littering kisses all over your face before he made his way to his family,

"Bye! Write to me everyday! I love you!"

You laughed, waving at him, "Yes, I promise that I'll write everyday! I love you too!"

That was two weeks ago. And you had kept your promise to your boyfriend that you would write to him everyday.

"Writing to your boyfriend, again?" Your sister mused, peeking over your shoulder.

"Yeah." You said, not looking up from your letter, "Why?"

Y/S/N shrugged, "You just wrote him a letter yesterday, and the day before that."

"So?"

"So? Normally when my boyfriend and I exchange love letters its either on a special occasion or a weekly basis."

"Well, my relationship is different from yours." You said, sealing the letter in an envelope.

"Good point." Y/S/N agreed, "But, why everyday?"

You smiled, remembering the little exchange before you temporarily parted ways with your respective families.

"Fred is clingy, in a good way. He's just adorable when he's clingy. He even told me once that if there ever passes a day that he doesn't get to see even just a glimpse of me - then his day isn't complete. So, he made me promise - three times if I may mention - that I would write to him everyday so that 'he doesn't miss me as much'."

"Why didn't you bring him over?" Your sister said, giving you a look, "I would've loved to meet him!"

You smiled at her, "I won't make any promises - but, maybe next year."

"I'll take that then." She teased.

A day later, you had received a letter from Fred.

Opening it, you found it quite odd that the letter was short and vague (compared to the novel-like letters he's been sending you for the past two weeks).

Hey love,

I miss you terribly. (George just smacked me on the back of the head and said that I whine about it everyday).