Daddy Mix-up | Dad!Fred

Summary: One of the downsides of being identical twins - your daughter mistakes her uncle for her father.

The day that Estelle Weasley was born immediately made it into the top ten best days of Fred's life.

He carried his little girl in his arms, not being able to hold back the tears as he held the result of your love with each other.

She most definitely had your eyes and, to no one's surprise, the trademark ginger hair.

"She's beautiful, isn't she?" You asked, watching the little father and daughter moment from your hospital bed.

"She's ours." Fred whispered, but you heard it nonetheless.

A year had already passed and you and your husband loved your daughter to death.

She definitely had inherited her father's mischief and her brown eyes would so often shine with curiosity.

It was a weekend; Uncle Georgie had dropped by to bring Fred some paperwork but his niece was being too adorable for him to leave right away.

Estelle sat down on her highchair, entertaining both her father and her uncle with baby babbles – as if she was having a conversation with them.

You stood by the kitchen, watching the screen while leaning against the doorframe, a warm cup of tea in your hands.

Estelle cocked her head to the side, the same way her father does when he has an idea. She then pointed a finger to her uncle, a gleeful little smile adoring her lips as she exclaimed,

"Daddy!"

You almost spat out your tea as you tried to keep from laughing, George was already in hysterics while Fred was looking at his daughter with wide eyes.

"I'm your daddy!" Fred said with wide eyes, which only made his daughter laugh, "That's uncle Georgie, I'm your daddy."

Your daughter started laughing even harder, once again pointing a finger towards her uncle, "Daddy!"

"No!" Fred pouted while George was hugging his stomach from laughing so hard, "I'm your daddy, not him."

Estelle just gave him an innocent before pointing towards George again, "Daddy! Daddy!"

Your husband crossed his arms over his chest, jutting his bottom lip out in a pout like a toddler, "He's not your dad, I am! Honestly child, you call yourself my daughter."

You found your way to your husband's side, the baby and her uncle were still dying from laughing, you rested a hand on his shoulder – slightly leaning against him, "Relax Freddie, she's one year old. And the fact that you and George look identical, isn't helping."

Estelle's huge grin didn't leave her face as she clapped her hands while looking in George's direction, "Daddy!"

Fred rolled his eyes as he retorted sarcastically, "Oh come on! I'm literally the one who created you."

You smacked his shoulder, "Fred! She's too young to know that."

"And she's old enough to know that I'm her father."

The next few days, Fred had been trying his very best to get Estelle to call him daddy.

He had made the mistake of letting Estelle tag along to the shop – only to have her run towards George screaming, "Daddy!"

Fred closed up shop, exhausted from a long day of work. All he wanted now was to get home to you and your charming little daughter.

Throwing some floo powder into the fireplace of the shop, he waited for them to turn green before stepping in – saying the address of your home before being whisked away.

Once your living room came into his sight, he doesn't see you or his little princess anywhere.

"Honey! I'm home!" He called out, taking off his coat and shaking off his shoes.

Fred received no answer but he did hear a suspicious giggle or two coming from the kitchen.

The minute he plopped down on the sofa, you walked into the room with Estelle attached to your hip.

"Hey Freddie." You greeted your husband with a smile as you bent down to kiss his cheek.

He smiled back at you, "Nice to see you too sweetheart."

The little girl in your arms started making grabby hands towards her father, giving him his best puppy dog eyes, "Daddy! Daddy!'

Fred gaped at her before looking at you, "Did she just call me daddy?"

"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" Estelle's chants answered his question for you.

Without a second thought, Fred took his daughter from your arms and rested her on his knees – making her beam up at him happily.

"What if she mistook me for George?" Fred asked, giving you a slightly worried look.

You rolled your eyes at him while muttering, "Sheesh, tough audience."

You took a picture of the twins from your mantle and showed it to Estelle.

Pointing to George, you asked, "Estelle, who is this?"

"Uncle Georgie!" She answered gleefully, before poking out her tongue and blowing a raspberry at the picture – causing you and Fred to laugh.

"And who is this?" You asked, moving your finger towards Fred in the picture.

Her smile grew even brighter as she squealed, "Daddy!"

Fred was visibly melting at the sight, all the stress he carried on his shoulders when he arrived home – now bubbled away into thin air.

Thanks to you and Estelle.