Kiss the Girl | F.W.

Summary: The midnight kiss on New Year's is basically tradition - unless you're single, of course.

For you, New Year was a metaphor for, basically, change: the start of change and having a new start. A magical night that could change your life for the better good (or worse, depends on the situation).

There was a downside to it though, the kiss at midnight. Well, it only becomes a downside if you're single.

"How does this look?" Ginny asked, giving a small twirl so you and Hermione could give your "honest opinion" on the crystal dress that fell just a bit past her knees.

"Stunning." Hermione said, giving a small smile.

You then gave your own judgement, "Chef's kiss. Seriously, if Harry doesn't drool at the sight of you - he needs to take a little refresher in the lake.

"Stop it you." Ginny playfully scolded, hitting your shoulder, "Now, why don't we judge your little outfit for dear Freddie?"

You furrowed your brows, "My outfit? For Fred?"

"Oh please." Hermione rolled her eyes at you, "Stop acting oblivious. You fancy Fred, he fancies you. So, why not dress up for him when he kisses you at midnight."

"He won't kiss me at midnight." You said, trying to hide the disappointment in your voice.

Ginny grabbed you by the shoulders and shook you as gently as she could muster without getting rid of her intimidating aura, "He will. Trust me, I've basically put up with him and his shenanigans ever since the day I was born - literally. So, if I tell you he has a plan, he has a plan."

"Fine." You huffed, before teasingly pointing a finger at the redhead, "But, I'm doing this for you. Not for anyone else. No matter what you say, I don't believe that Fred will kiss me at midnight. He's my best friend."

"Correction." Hermione said, "He is your best friend who fancies you."

You threw a pillow at her, which she was able to catch, "Stop it you."

She feigned an innocent smile, "What?"

"How's this?" you asked nervously, giving a little spin for your friends.

The silk red dress with a sweetheart neckline hugged your body perfectly, the hem just falling down by your knees.

Hermione clapped her hands together, "It's wonderful but there is something missing."

"What is?" You asked, giving the girls a confused look.

Hermione and Ginny shared a silent conversation with just a look before Ginny sprung up from the bed and made her way to a jewelry box at her bedside table. Opening it, she pulled out a small gold necklace with a heart pendant on it.

With a finger, she then indicated to you to turn around and face the mirror.

Feeling the slight coolness of the metal on your skin, Ginny smiled at you through the mirror once she fastened the clasp of the necklace,

"Now, it's perfect."

"Are you sure you're okay with me borrowing this?" You asked, not being able to keep the smile off your lips.

"Of course." Ginny grinned, "Especially if it helps make you and Fred official and stop the two of you from chasing each other around like lovesick puppies."

"Very lovesick puppies - if I may add." Hermione teased, causing the three of you to burst out laughing.

"Now come on." You said, opening the door of Ginny's room, "They might just start without us."