An Innocent Prank on the Prankster | F.W. x Reader

Summary: Y/N tries to pull an innocent prank on her prankster.

I smiled to myself, ready to pull the prank on Fred.

Surprisingly out of all people, Hermione had been the one to suggest this prank.

"Wait," I said, suddenly interested in the direction of the conversation. "Am I hearing that the Hermione Granger has pulled a prank."

She laughed, "Oh please. It was just an innocent joke I pulled on Ron."

"Ooh." I mused, "Tell me more."

She playfully scoffed, "I called him by Harry's name and his reaction was hilarious."

I laughed, "Oh what I would pay to see that."

Hermione placed a hand on top of mine, "You should try it with Fred. I swear, it'll be worth it."

It wasn't an all-out prank, like the one he would usually pull. Mine was simpler, but it would rile him up and give me the effect I wanted.

I slowly opened the room to his dorm, Fred had his back turned to me as he seemed to be scribbling down something, probably for the joke shop.

I took a deep breath as I stepped into the room.

Fred turned to see who had entered. A grin then grew on his lips the moment he saw me, "Hey love, what're you doing here?"

I took a deep breath, gathering up my composure and self-control, his hair was tousled up just the way I liked it. I could smell the scent of his cologne from the spot where I was standing. It was taking all of my willpower to not drop the act, run up to him and give him the biggest puppy dog eyes I could muster and ask him to cuddle.

I gave him a small smile, fidgeting with my hands behind my back, "Hey George! Have you seen Fred?"

His smile fell from his face almost immediately, his disappointment showing. But being the great actor he was, he was able to cover it up. But there was one person he couldn't fool, and that was me.

"Oh Fred? Um, no, I haven't seen him lately?" He said, giving a nervous chuckle.

I took a deep breath, trying not to laugh, "Are you okay Georgie? Why do you seem a bit crestfallen?"

He tried to give a smile, "Oh, it's nothing. Just a little stressed that's all. So, any particular reason why you're looking for Fred?"

I bit my lip, giving a small shrug, "Nothing. Just miss him."

He nodded, heaving a small sigh, "Try asking Ginny. She might know."

I nodded, offering him a small smile, "Thanks Georgie. If you ever find Fred, please tell him to come find me."

Then I went out of his dorm, the minute I closed the door behind me, I had to cover up my mouth because I was laughing so hard.

George suddenly appeared giving me a confused look, "Do I even want to know."

I bit back the last of my laughs, "Honestly? No. But, promise me that whatever happens, don't tell Fred I'm standing out here, okay?"

He nodded, "Sure." Before opening the door and entering the dorm.

"Hey Fre- what happened? Why are you crying?"

Stunned, I pressed my ear to the door, trying to absorb the rest of the conversation.

"It's happened Georgie. My worst fear came true." Fred managed to say through choked sobs.

"What?! Did Y/N cheat on you?" George asked, exasperated.

"No!" Came Fred's answer, "She got us mixed up."

"What? Really?" George asked.

I couldn't bring myself to listen to the rest of the conversation. Hearing Fred cry like that felt like stabbing myself in the chest.

Who knew such an innocent prank could lead up to this?

Not taking it anymore, I pushed open the door and without a second thought, engulfing Fred into a hug as I apologized over and over again.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. It was supposed to be a joke."

Fred stayed silent, scaring me more than I ever deemed possible.

I looked up at him, only to see trying so hard not to laugh.

"You idiot!" I said, smacking him on the chest as he and George started to howl in laughter.

"You almost scared the living daylights out of me!" I said, crossing my arms over my chest as I sat down beside Fred.

My boyfriend placed an arm around my shoulders. "I'm sorry love. But did you really think that you could fool me?"

I pouted, "I thought I already had you fooled."

He chuckled, pressing a kiss to my temple, "First of all. That's cute that you're trying to trick me. Second, we've been dating for so long. I know whether you're lying or not."

I rolled my eyes at him.

He offered a small smile, "How about I make it up to you with Butterbeer and a movie?"

I bit my lip to try and contain my smile, "Sounds wonderful."