Blue Skies and Calm Waves | Part 2 of Sand and Sea

Summary: Fred and Y/N return to the beach where they first confessed their feelings. Fred will be trying his luck at something else.

Warning/s: alludes to sex, mention of crashing a car into a tree

A/N: This is basically part 2 for "Sand and Sea" because I couldn't help myself.

"Well, with the holidays coming up, why don't we go to the beach?" Ginny suggested as all of us nodded in agreement.

"That's a wonderful idea!" Hermione said, "It's been a while since we last went to the beach."

"Is it the same beach we went to last time?" Fred asked, he and Ginny exchanging a look I couldn't exactly read.

"Yep." The youngest Weasley confirmed, "The exact same one." She said, giving a subtle wink to her brother.

"So, when are we leaving?" George asked, clasping his hands together.

Ginny smiled, "The best time to go would be next week."

"Is that everything we need?" I ask as Fred and I finish packing our stuff for the trip.

Fred nodded, "Yes, that's everything." Then he wrapped his arms around my waist, pressing his chest against my back, "Unless I can also stuff you into the suitcase." He joked as I smacked his arm.

"Hey, just because you're taller than me, doesn't mean I'm that tiny." I said.

I glanced at the clock that was in our room, we needed to be at the Burrow in ten minutes.

"Freddie," I said, stepping out of his grasp, "as much as I want to keep on cuddling with you, we need to be at the Burrow in ten or else your sister will never let us hear the end of it."

He pouted, "Fine."

We then took our bags and immediately apparated to the Burrow.

"Thank goodness!" Ginny breathed a sigh of relief as she engulfed Fred and I into a hug, "I thought you two were going to be late."

Fred chuckled, "Wouldn't miss it for the world sis."

"What are we waiting for then?" George asked, "Let's go!"

As the boys loaded the bags into the Ford Anglia we were taking, Hermione asked, "Who's driving?"

Ginny smiled as she threw the keys at me, "Y/N is! She's the only one I can trust who won't crash the car into a tree."

I laughed, "Wow, thanks Gin!"

I then climbed into the driver's seat, the rest of the group following suit, Fred sitting next to me.

Fred held my free hand the whole journey, rubbing his thumb along the back.

The beach was a bit far from the Burrow so it was a long hour drive.

It was around late afternoon, George and Ginny were debating about the latter's latest Quidditch match, Hermione was reading a new book that she got while Ron and Harry were both asleep.

I noticed that Fred was a bit quieter than usual, I managed a quick glance at him, "Hey Freddie, is there anything wrong? You seem quiet." I asked.

He shook his head, offering a reassuring smile, "Everything's fine Princess."

"You sure?" I said.

He nodded, leaning slightly and pressing a kiss on my cheek, "Positive."

After few more long hours later, we arrived at the beach and were able to get settled into our rooms.