As Long as We're Together | Percy Jackson/Demigod AU

Summary: Even if they have to walk through literal hell, all that matters is Y/N and Fred are together

Warning/s: mention of injuries, mentions of fighting, maybe a bit of angst?

A/N: I recommend listening to the song "Paris" (linked above) while reading this.

Fred kept on pacing the deck of the Argo II.

Yes, he had just finished fighting giants with Harry and the rest of the crew. He should be exhausted.

But as soon as the thought of Y/N being in danger was enough to give him enough adrenaline to run a marathon.

He wanted to ask them why didn't they go save her first, but he didn't want to sound ungrateful.

Hermione and Ron were pouring over a map to find Y/N's location using the coordinates Dionysus gave them.

Ginny, on the other hand, was tending to Harry's deep wound just under his ribs where he had just narrowly missed the giant's spear.

Fred couldn't calm down; the love of his life was in grave danger and it was all because of that stupid quest to get the Athena Parthenos.

"Do you have to do this?" Fred asked Y/N as they sat by the River Tiber, having lunch before the latter embarked on her quest to find the Athena Parthenos.

She slowly nodded, "I have to. This will help on the quest; this statue would help heal the rift between the Greeks and the Romans.

Fred looked down at his pizza, he could tell that she was nervous with the way that she fiddled with the seams of her shirt.

Both of them knew what awaited her in this quest. Fred knew that the thought alone was enough to scare the hell out of her. He badly wanted to convince her to stay, he wanted to convince her to not go on this quest. He wanted to protect her.

But he also knew that if he managed to convince her to stay, she would be admitting defeat to something only a selected few was asked to do and she wouldn't be able to live with that knowledge.

And if she was right, that it would be a crucial piece in their mission, then he had to let her go.

Besides, if Fred had learned anything in all the years that he had spent with Y/N, it was: She's always right.

"Can I at least come with you?" Fred asked, interlocking his hands with Y/N's, hoping that it wouldn't be the last time he did it.

Y/N sighed, avoiding eye contact with her boyfriend, "I wish you could. But you know the rules, the Mark of Athena won't show itself to anyone else but me. And I'm supposed to go on this quest alone."

He rubbed random patterns on the back of her hand, "How am I sure that you're going to survive, that I'm going to see you again?"

She bit her lip, looking down at her sandwich "Then, you'll just have to trust me. You've got to believe that I'll come back."

Fred tightened his grip on her hand, "I believe in you. That's not the problem. But come back from where?"

Fred frustratingly ran his fingers through his hair, gripping the rail by the starboard side of the ship. George said, that according to the vision Gaea had shown them, that Y/N was facing something with a broken ankle. Fred had a sinking feeling that that something she was already facing, was the mother of what every child of Athena feared. Arachne.

Ginny had been observing her brother for the last few minutes, she saw how worried he was for Y/N. It reminded her so much of how Y/N had acted during the six months that Fred went missing. How she spent her every waking minute dedicated to find him.