Breaking Free | High School Musical! Au

Summary: Fred and Y/N first meet at a New Year's Party. When Y/N ends up being transferred in the same school as Fred and they have callbacks for the school's musical, will they be able to escape the status quo and break free?

Fred Weasley couldn't believe it. It was her, Y/N L/N, the girl who sang with him during the New Years' Eve party. But he had to make sure.

He took out his phone, despite Mcgonagall warning them not to, and called the number Y/N had given him.

Sure enough, her phone ran, confirming her identity. But at the cost of getting his and Y/N's phone confiscated and the both of them landing a detention.

Once Homeroom had ended, Fred waited for her outside the classroom.

"Hey!" He greeted as she walked out.

She looked up at him, a smile making its way onto her lips, "Hey! I didn't know you went here." She said as they started to walk down the hall.

Fred chuckled, running a hand through his hair, "I didn't even know you lived here."

Y/N giggled, "I just moved this winter because the company had to transfer my mum. But now, she made the company promise not to transfer her until I graduate."

"That's great!" Fred said enthusiastically.

The two of them stopped in front of a sign-up sheet for the Winter Musical.

"You should join. Since you're such a good singer." Y/N suggested as she glanced at Fred.

"Oh,' Fred suddenly muttered, "I-I can't, the one that was singing with you was a whole different side of me."

The girl giggled, "In short, your friends don't know."

Fred laughed as he relaxed. Feeling relieved that Y/N had understood him, "Yeah," he said, "They don't know."

Pansy Parkinson, the leader of East High's theater clique and Draco Malfoy's partner, came skipping in. Signing her name on all of the spaces for the audition.

She gave a sickly-sweet smile to Fred and Y/N, "Hi!" She said to Y/N, "I would invite you to audition for the musical but." She glanced at the sheet, "All the spots are taken."

Y/N chuckled nervously, "It's fine. I wasn't planning on joining any extra-curriculars anyway. Since I am new and all."

On that happy note, Pansy skipped off, probably to look for Draco.

"I'm sorry about her." Fred immediately apologized as Pansy was out of earshot, "She's always like that."

Y/N smiled genuinely at the ginger, "It's okay. There were a lot of them at my old school anyway."

Later that night, as Fred laid in bed, he couldn't stop thinking about Y/N. Not that he was complaining, of course.

Truth be told, he couldn't stop thinking about her ever since he met her at the Ski Lodge during the party.

For some reason, he was infatuated, no, he was in love with her.

The next day, Fred skips one of his basketball practices (even if the coach, Oliver Wood, would throw him across the court if he had caught him). Secretly heading over to the auditorium where the musical auditions were being held. Only to bump into an equally curious Y/N.

"What are you doing here?" Y/N asked him, not expecting him to be there.

"Um, to um, watch the auditions." Fred stuttered out, making Y/N giggle at how cute he was.