In Your Arms | F.W. x Reader

Summary: After getting a bad mark on an essay she worked hard for, Y/N yearns to be in her boyfriend's arms.

"I expected more from some of you." Professor Snape drawled as he handed out last week's homework which was an essay on Polyjuice Potion and it's respective pros and cons.

I flipped the parchment that landed on my desk and my eyes were met with the large A that was written.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad grade, but I lost countless hours of sleep on this essay and missed meals to the point that my own boyfriend would throw me over his shoulder and drag me down to the Great Hall.

I think I deserved something more than "Acceptable"

"What grade did you get?" Angelina asked as we walked out of the Potions classroom.
I groaned, "An A. How about you?"

"Same." She said, "Though I always thought that your essay would've been graded with an E or an O."

I chuckled, "I think Snape 'expected more from some of us'." I said, using air quotes at the last few words.

Angelina laughed, rolling her eyes, "I know right. I expected that he could differentiate an outstanding essay from an acceptable essay."

Once we arrived at the Gryffindor common rooms Angelina retired to our dorm to work on a Charms essay so that she could make "productive use" of our free period.

I sat down on the couch and buried my head in the book that Hermione had recommended and let me borrow.

A couple of hours (or perhaps pages) later, I heard the portrait door swing open while the twins and Lee came in, obviously coming from a little pranking spree.

I immediately left my book on the couch as I ran straight into my boyfriend's arms, engulfing him into a tight hug.

"Woah, is anything wrong princess?" He asked, kissing the top of my head.

"Nothing." I muttered into his chest, "I just want to be close to you."

His chest vibrated as he chuckled, walking until the back of my legs hit the couch. Causing him to sit down while I climbed on to his lap.

"Had a bad day?" Fred asked as I rested my head on his chest.

He already knew and I didn't even need to tell him.

"Kind off." I admitted, "Snape gave my essay an A."

"That's rubbish." He said with a small laugh, "An A? You've got to be kidding!"

"Sadly, I'm not." I said, "He really graded it with an A. And he said that he 'expected more from some of us'."

My boyfriend's smile faltered, "Then he's an idiot! Does he even know how much work and effort you put into writing that essay only for him to give it an A?"

"That git's lucky my princess needs cheering up." Fred added, peppering soft kisses all over my face, "Or else I would be setting up a prank in his office as we speak."

I hummed, "You know, you don't have to do that for me."

"Anyone who messes with my princess, messes with me and no one gets away with that." He said.

I pressed a chaste kiss to his lips, "I love you so much."

He grinned, "I love you so much more."