Light at the End of the Tunnel | F.W.

Summary: There's always light at the end of the tunnel. Most of the time, its not literally. But, sometimes, it comes in a person.

There's always a light at the end of every tunnel. That's what Ginny constantly reminded her older brother during each and every one of their talks.

Ever since missing death just by the skin of his teeth, Fred had come to appreciate the meetups he and Ginny would have every other week (every three weeks if they're extremely busy) - either to just vent out their feelings or just to catch up.

But, Fred didn't really find the "light at the end of his traumatic tunnel" until he took a walk in the muggle side of London, trying to take away the craziness that running a business could give.

It had even happened by a complete accident. Either Fred Weasley was just a lucky idiot or destiny really brought them together.

He had no idea how he was able to catch the falling books so quickly, as he muttered a quick sorry to the person he had bumped into.

"Don't worry it's fine." You smiled as Fred handed the books back to you, "Nice reflexes."

For a while, the ginger in front of you seemed to have forgotten how to speak as he looked at you with disbelief masking his handsome features.

You looked down, ignoring the rise in temperature in your cheeks due to his unwavering gaze, "Are you okay?"

The question snapped Fred out of his train of thought while he let out a nervous chuckle, running a hand through his already messy hair, "Yeah. I'm fine? In fact, I should be the one asking you that question - with the amount of books you're carrying, you could hurt yourself."

You laughed, balancing the stack of about 7 or 10 books in your arms, "Well, I guess you could say that I'm used to it. Perks of being a teacher and all."

"Oh, what do you teach?" Fred asked.

"I teach elementary science. I'm Y/N, by the way, I would shake your hand but they're currently unavailable at the moment." You smiled.

Fred grinned, "I'm Fred, Fred Weasley. That's okay, we can always do it next time."

Next time.

You smiled at the prospect of seeing Fred Weasley again, even if you barely knew anything about him.

"Can you hold this for me for a sec?" You asked as an idea popped into your mind.

"Sure." Fred said, taking the stack of books from your hands leaving you free to take out a pen and paper.

"This is my number." You said, handing him the piece of paper that now had your phone number while you took back the books, "Don't be a stranger, call me anytime."

He stared at the ten digits on the paper in your delicate scribble as if it was a key to a whole new world.

He then flashed a smile, "I'll definitely take you up on that offer."

Fred had never been this excited for the Weasley brunch that happened every Sunday courtesy of Molly.

"Hermione Granger." He said to his younger brother's wife who had just finished helping Molly with the dishes, "Just the bright witch I need."

"Honestly Fred, if you're going to ask for my help with a prank, you should know better by now." Hermione teased.

Fred laughed, "Unfortunately for you Ms. Granger, this is not a prank so you have to help me."

"What's with calling her Miss Granger? We're literally married now." Ron complained as he passed by.