58 | Christmas Morning

Ahri was sleeping peacefully on Blaze's chest.

She snuggled into his warmth whilst trying not to wake him. She began drifting off to sleep again.

The doorknob rattled.

After a moment, the bed shifted.

"Mommy! Daddy! Wake up, it's Christmas!"

Ahri groggily opened her eyes.

"What time is it?"

Itsuki grinned. "5:03 am, mama. It's practically lunchtime!"

Ahri sighed.

"Is anyone else up yet?"

"Luca, Aoi, and Sara. They're waking up their mommies and daddies now."

Blaze groaned. "It's too early, go back to sleep." He pulled Ahri back to the spot she had been lying previously.

"Pleaaaaaaaasssssseeeeeeee!" Misaki begged, making puppy dog eyes.

Blaze yawned. "No, your mom needs sleep to get better."

"But mama is better."

"Not completely."

"But mister doctor said that she had anemoniya, she wouldn't cage us, and that she'd be better by Christmas!"

"Itsuki, she had Pneumonia, and she wasn't contagious."

"But pressseeeennnntttssssss!"

Ahri sighed. "Babe, they're not backing down on this. And I feel fine right now."

"You better feel fine, Ri." Bakugo stood in the doorway. "Because I'm not dealing with the little monsters on my own."

Blaze sat up lazily.

"Who else is awake?"

Bakugo leaned against the doorframe and crossed his arms. "Mofū is helping Aoi and Luca wake up Todo and Mizu, and Sara is waking up Neko and Jikan."

"Correction," Jikan yawned and stretched as he walked past Bakugo in the hallway. "Woke up."