98 | Broken Foundation

"Ahri, please... I just want to make things right. I want them to go back to the way they were before. I'm sorry for what I did. It was wrong, and I know that I hurt you. But could we please just forget all of this?"

Ahri scoffed, still facing away from him.

"If you think I'm just gonna leap back into your arms because you said 'sorry', you're grossly mistaken. I'm done dealing with your bullshit. And I'm not going to 'just forget' that you broke my nose. I'm not going to 'just forget' that you 'hate me and you don't love me anymore'."

"If not for me then for the kids."

Ahri whipped around.

"Don't you play that card, mister. I'm putting my foot down. I took them away from you for a reason, dumbass. You don't care about them!"

"We're married. You are legally my wife, you can't just walk away!"

Ahri stood up straighter.

"That's where you're wrong." She briefly turned around, pulling something out of a folder on one of the end tables.

"I have a lawyer in place and everything, and I've already signed."

She held out a stack of paperwork.

Blaze stood there, dumbfounded.

"Don't tell me those are-"

"Divorce papers, and yes they are. They give me full custody of the kids, but you get the house. I've already got a house lined up for rent, and of course, you'd have to pay child support. All they need is your signature, and they're official."

Blaze took a step back, raising his hands defensively.

"I'm not signing those!"

Ahri sighed.

"You don't have a choice. I have a lawyer, remember? And I technically don't need your signature. You injured me in a drunken rage, and that labels you as a domestic abuser and unfit father. I can get a restraining order, and they could even put you in jail."

"I came here to save our marriage, not end it!"

Ahri sighed, turning back around.

"If you want to save this train wreck of a marriage then you have to rebuild it from the ground up. I'm not doing any of the work. You made this mess, so you have to fix it."

A/N

Hey there everyone! Sorry for the lack of updates, I've had a lot of stuff going on the past few weeks and haven't really had time to write. I plan to make a youtube video addressing this sometime in the near future.

There will be updates to some of my other stories today, I'm just waiting on some of my friends to send me their Ablaze memory chapters and Janelle to send me screenshots from our text roleplay that aren't on my new phone.

Also, I am doing a text roleplay with my friends Mackenzie and Janelle that I will be reformating and uploading to Wattpad. It will have a more mature rating than my other books because of some of the more sexual content.

I know things now.

Vividly.

*Shiver*

Anyway, I cant wait to get back to my regular posting schedule once again, and I miss you all,

-Addison