90 | What He Did To You

Blaze paced back and forth angrily.

It had been about two months since he woke up, and in that time he got his transplant and made a full recovery.

The hardest part was learning about what he missed.

"Damnit!" He growled, through gritted teeth. "I should have had something in place to protect you... and in our own home? I'm the reason he raped and blackmailed you, Ahri. By protecting you I caused you harm. I-"

"It's not your fault, Blaze. Your life was at stake, and that's worth the sacrifice for me!"

"But knowing that you were in pain because I was an impulsive dumbass... I'm not sure that's a burden I can bear."

"I know it's a lot to process. But I don't regret my decision to let him have his way with me."

"You let him?!"

"Sort of, yeah. I just didn't really try to get away, because if I had, he could have killed you!"

"I'd be perfectly happy with that outcome if it meant you didn't have to go through that."

"Blaze, a relationship is a two-way street."

"I just want you to be safe."

"I know."

"But he got away without paying for what he did to you."

"There's nothing we can do about it, okay?"

"I refuse to accept that."

"You have to."

"No."

"You don't have a choice."