79 | Pain

Ahri lay in bed alone wearing one of Blaze's oversized hoodies.

It was cold.

She rolled over to Blaze's side of the bed.

It smelled like him.

She tried to hold back the tears, but she couldn't.

She sobbed quietly into his pillow.

How could one bullet do so much damage?

What were the chances?

How could they all have been so fatal?

Mofū's was the least serious.

The bullet entered her shoulder blade, partially shattering it. It also did some nerve damage to her arm, and now she has to completely re-learn how to use it.

The others, however, weren't so lucky.

The bullet that hit Mizu entered her from the front and ended up damaging her uterus and one of her kidneys. Long story short, she'll never be able to have kids again, and will suffer a lot of pain for the rest of her life. They had to remove the damaged kidney as well.

Todoroki's liver was damaged. He's now waiting for a liver transplant, and if he doesn't get one soon, he won't live to see his kids grow up.

The bullet that hit Bakugo broke one of his ribs pierced his lung. During the surgery to remove the bullet, his lungs collapsed. As of now, he's still in serious condition.

Blaze wasn't as fortunate. 

His liver was completely destroyed, his stomach was pierced causing stomach acid to leak out, and his spine was damaged. So not only does he need a new liver, but he also could be paralyzed for the rest of his life.

If he lives.

He still hasn't woken up, and has undergone 17 surgeries in the days since the incident alone.

Their insurance company already offered for Ahri to collect his life insurance.

She declined.

Knock knock knock

"Come in," Ahri sniffed.

"Hey, Ahri." Jikan smiled softly. "I wanted to come and check on you. How're you feeling?"

"I don't want to live anymore."

"Don't talk like that."

"I want to be with him."

"I know."

"I should have been shot, not him. Why did he take the bullet for me?"

"Because he loves you, Ahri. You're his world, his everything. For him, you're the reason the world turns. You're the reason he gets out of bed in the morning and then the reason why he comes home at night."

Ahri wiped away a tear. "I know that, but sometimes I wish he didn't act so impulsively..."

Jikan sighed and sat on the edge of the bed next to Ahri.

"You know, ever since the bus accident back In high school, he's devoted everything to making sure you're safe. He went through the same thing you are now every time you've been gravely injured."

Ahri laughed. "Yeah, that's my boy..."

"He's gonna pull through because he has you. If you had died in that fight, he would have left the moment the bullet hit him."

She smiled, laying back down.

"If you don't mind, I'm gonna cry myself to sleep now."

"Go ahead. I'll go help Neko watch the kids."