84 | Neighbor

Ahri grunted as she pulled weeds from the flower bed, tossing them into the wheelbarrow.

It had been over a year.

Blaze still hadn't woken up.

Ahri slowly learned how to cope and manage.

The triplets had to live with their grandparents, and the twins were visiting them for the week, so Ahri was all by herself.

(Coughs in take a break)

Mofū still has to use an arm brace, but other than that was fully recovered.

Mizu also made a full recovery, faster than expected.

Todoroki finally got a liver transplant and has recovered from that surgery.

Bakugo is mostly recovered but is still in and out of the hospital.

But they can't give Blaze a new liver until he wakes up.

Ahri sighed, suppressing the memories seeping into her thoughts.

She stood up and grabbed the wheelbarrow, pushing it down the driveway and to the pile on the other side of the house.

"Heya there, Ahri! How're ya doing today?"

Ahri sighed and turned around at the familiar voice.

"Good morning, Seiteki. I'm fine, how are you?"

"Good! You look like you're hard at work, would you like some help?"

Ahri shook her head. "No thank you, I think I've got it."

The man nodded. "Just let me know if you need anything."

Ahri smiled politely and walked away.

Seiteki Hoshoku-Sha is a neighbor who moved in a week before the shooting. He's a handsome young man about Ahri's age (early-mid 20s) whose quirk is wolf. It's like Cat, Fox, and kitsune, but with a wolf instead. They met because he was one of the head doctors on Blaze's case.

They had a fair amount in common and actually became friends.

He could be a little creepy at times, but he seemed to be a genuinely good guy.

Ahri returned to pulling weeds, ignoring the growing dread in her gut.