63 | Day Off

Ahri stirred as she began to wake, Blaze continuing to hold her close to him.

"Mhhhh... what time is it?" She mumbled into his shoulder.

"10:27 am, but you get to take it easy today. Itsuki and Misaki are being babysat by Neko and Jikan, and we're both off work. I know you've been struggling with PTSD lately, and after last night, I figured you needed a break... So today we do whatever you want, okay?"

Ahri smiled, snuggling closer to him.

"You're the best, Blaze."

He squeezed her.

"I love you Ahri. Don't you ever forget that."

"I love you too, Blaze." She yawned.

"I would take a bullet for you without hesitation."

"I know," Ahri buried her face in his chest. "That's what scares me."

"Well, we're not getting shot at so you have no reason to worry."

"I just... I can't lose you..."

"And you won't. You need to stop stressing yourself out so much and take it easy."

Blaze gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"We can do anything you want today. If you want to lie here and sleep all day, we can do that. If you want to fuck on the kitchen island, we can do that. If you want to go get McDonald's we can do that. If you want to stick googly eyes to everything in the house we can do that."

Ahri looked up at him.

"Thank you... right now I'm a little hungry."

"You want anything specific?"

She sighed and sat up.

"No, not really... I kinda wanna take a shower."

Blaze grinned.

"You want some company? Haven't gotten to join you for a while, with the kids and everything."

Ahri laughed.

"Well, I'm sure the author will use this as a transition or end of a chapter, so of course."

(Coughs in the author is self-conscious of her writing)