Chapter 2

"Wait, Trish, he? As in a man?" I asked her as we walked side by side to his office.

"Yeah, the boss. I'm just the house mom and manager hon, I approve of your dancing but Mr. Rivera is the one who makes the final decision." She said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. I was starting to get nervous again. Who knows what this man's intentions were, he owned a strip club for christ's sake.

Don't judge someone before you meet them, Nia, show a little respect.

"There's no need to worry, Nia. Mr. Rivera will like you." Trish tried assuring me. "He's a little rough around the edges, a bit scary and doesn't tolerate any disrespect. But you're a nice girl, so I don't think he'll have a problem with you." Great.

It felt like an eternity before we got to a hallway secluded from the rest of the club, with dimmed lights shining from the roof and walls. A big, black door stood at the end of it. My palms became sweaty and I had no other choice but to wipe them on the dress I wore while Trish told me I was on my own from there, but not to worry because Mr. Rivera already knows my name and saw me dance through the security cameras so all I needed to do was go into his office, tell him a bit about myself and then he would tell me his decision. Then she walked away, stopped and told me I have to knock on the door first, then continued.

I got my breathing at a steady pace and calmed myself down before walking towards the scary door. The closer I got, the more the aura changed. It felt cold, making goosebumps appear on my skin and the hair on the back of my neck stand up. The weird feeling of comfort I felt before was nothing compared to this, but it made me extremely nervous at the same time.

I reached the door and gently knocked, waiting for permission to enter.

"Come in," A deep voice said. There was no emotion in his voice, he didn't sound happy or angry, not even content. His voice was just cold, making me take a deep breath and hesitate to open the door.

"I said come in." He repeated, already losing his patience. In fear of getting him angry, I quickly opened the door and kept my head down, not wanting to make eye contact.

"Shut the door behind you, sweetheart." Sweetheart? My stomach felt queasy the second I heard the little nickname roll off of his tongue. I obeyed, shutting the door behind me gently. I couldn't bring myself to turn around, no matter how much I tried to get my legs to move, they wouldn't. I felt like I was going to have a panic attack.

"Turn around or get out." He demanded, so I turned around but didn't raise my head to look at him.

"Take a seat." I stepped forward, taking a seat on one of the two chairs sat in front of his desk.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"Nia." I answered, "Nia Seymour."

"Look at me." I looked up. Sitting in front of me, in a black chair, behind a black desk, a very big one at that was a man with the coldest blue eyes I had ever seen. He had fairly tanned skin, dark brown hair that was gelled back with a few hairs out of place falling over his forehead. A little stubble showed on the lower half of his gorgeous face, surrounding perfectly shaped lips. A quiet gasp left my mouth. He's so handsome.

"Good girl." What? Did he just call me-

"I was watching you dance through the security cameras," My breathing quickened as I felt his eyes burning into my skin. "You dance beautifully."

Oh.

"Thank you." The corners of my mouth lifted at his compliment. I finally took the opportunity to look around. Surrounding us were red walls and even more dimmed lights shining over the black furniture. It was beautiful, really dark, but beautiful.