Chapter 25

Over the next few days, Callum made sure I took rest and healed properly before letting me get back on my feet.

Jordan started training Kara so she already had a head start. Callum assured me that after a few weeks, we would be able to defend ourselves just fine.

I made sure to text Jasmine the day after the whole incident with the video I took of Julian in the gym. Every time I'd text her, she'd give blunt or quick responses that would end the conversation. Not wanting to push my boundaries or seem pushy, I gave her space but made sure she knew I was there for her and so was Kara.

Callum took a few days off to take care of me. I was shocked to see how much he was willing to do, including help me bathe even though I tried telling him it was fine and I could do it on my own.

Unsurprisingly, moments like that ended up getting intense and ended up with him joining me in the bath. We grew closer, emotionally and physically although we still haven't had sex. He opened up to me about his childhood and told me how his mother went from his rock to the person who always told him she wanted him dead.

I didn't understand, how could a mother act like that? Callum kept on making excuses, said she would apologize and the alcohol she drank would just influence her a little bit but that didn't mean anything. The woman didn't have any pity from me, she got what was coming to her just like his father.

When he asked about my family, I told him we weren't anything special. They were traditional and expected the best, I was yelled at if they weren't satisfied. I was their perfect little girl, they shaped me into what they thought was a proper young lady but they couldn't be more wrong.

How else did I get pregnant at eighteen?

As the days passed, my feelings for Callum grew. I saw a more gentle, emotional side of him when we weren't out or around others. His walls lowered for me and he was visibly calmer, less on edge and let himself live in the moment with me. It felt like a normal relationship and I couldn't help but let my emotions free and realize what I felt for him was a lot more than care.

I love him.

The thought crossed my mind as he laid across my lap, looking up at the TV screen while Aladdin played.

I really love him.

I studied his face, thought about the last month and a half and realized how crazy I was for thinking that. Even though my feelings were finalized, I wasn't going to throw it out there and let him use it to his advantage. He wouldn't know my feelings until I knew his.

The final decision was to wait it out, if he wanted me he would work for it and when the time comes, he'll confess his feelings which will hopefully be the same as mine. If not, he'll stop trying and give up, then we won't pursue each other anymore. I prayed from the bottom of my heart that it was the first option, but my mind knew better. Nothing ever came that easy.

My eyes made their way to the collar still wrapped around his wrist, trying to make sense of what the reason was that he had that on. He never took it off, only to take a shower but that's it. Otherwise, it was glued to him.

It was the night before we were going to that job, I just got out of the shower and looked into the mirror at the bruises Julian left behind. On my neck, there was a faded hand-print-looking bruise where he was squeezing.

My fingers brushed over the sensitive skin on my stomach, a big bruise covered the lower area where he kicked me. Tears blurred my vision from the memory of it, but I shook it off. On my back, in the upper area, was another bruise from when he threw me on the ground.

When I passed out, Callum had a doctor come check me out. He gave Callum some pills to help with the headaches. Otherwise, I just needed to rest up so the bruising could settle down quicker.