Chapter 46

I stood pacing around our room while Miles's head moved back and forth, watching me in complete confusion. Nia was in the closet getting ready while I panicked, a huge pit in my stomach feeling like it was twisting and pulling. I felt like I was going to puke.

"Babe, can you hurry up please?" I called out. They weren't going to be here for another hour, but I needed to be doing something, whether it was rushing Nia, panicking or banging my head against the wall, I didn't care. I just needed to get my mind off of him, that terrifying face that haunted my mind this whole week ever since I got that damned phone call.

I couldn't sleep, eating made me feel sick, looking at Nia filled me up with guilt and then the second his face came into my mind, tears would fill my eyes and I'd break shit. Nia was being patient, allowing me to lose my shit just for this week.

"Honey, you need to calm down." She said, coming out looking as beautiful as ever with a white full-sleeved bodysuit and black skin-tight pants that hugged her perfectly, accentuating all of her curves in the most stunning way.

But then I saw a coat laying across her arm that she pulled on top, then placed a pair of sunglasses on top of that and grabbed her bag as well as Dante's leash.

"Wait, where are you going?" I stood in front of her, watching as she looked through her bag to make sure she had everything.

"I am first going to head to the warehouse, make sure everything is in order with the shipments and make the kids pancakes for breakfast." She said, looking at me with a smile. "And then I'm going to the mall for some light shopping, I'll be back in a couple of hours."

I couldn't believe what she was saying, "What? You're leaving? No, you can't, I can't-"

"Callum." She caught my attention, pulling my face down and keeping my eyes on hers. "I know what I'm doing, okay? If I stay here and have to greet them not knowing what their plans are, all hell will break loose and I am going to get us all killed. I'll be back in time to set everything straight when you text me and tell us what we're up against, but till then, I need to be out of this house to plan accordingly, okay?"

She's smart. And pretty.

I nodded, "Okay, that's-that's a good plan actually. Is Kara going with you?"

She shook her head, "Nope, I'm going by myself with the dogs just in case he's watching us, I need some protection other than myself. But so do you and I know Kara's sassy ass will buy us as much time as we need. Both of you give me updates, send an SOS message if a gun is pressed against one of your heads, only then will I come immediately."

My heart pounded in my chest, nervous about having to face him while she wasn't here but I couldn't force her to stay here, knowing how angry, how frustrated she was about all of this.

"I love you," I said.

"I love you more." She smiled, pecking my lips and grabbing Miles's leash along with her gun and knife then tucked them into her waistband. "Miles, come." He followed her out the door, she walked down the hallway as if she was a runway model.

Goddamn, she's changed in the best way possible.

The pain in my chest only increased when she left. I made sure Rocko and Mary were out of the house too and had guards at every entrance, but didn't overdo it because if he thinks I'm planning on hurting them, he'll come back ten times harder.

A while later, the doorbell rang. My muscles froze, Kara and Jordan were sitting on either side of me while I sat at the head of the table. Jordan went to open the door while I sat there still frozen. I wouldn't move until I had to.