Chapter 66

Nia's POV...

"Thank you so much, Ms. Price," I said with a smile into the phone, "See you in a week." With that, I ended the call and let out a relieved sigh then turned to Callum, "She said it should be fine but I have to remember to take it easy and keep myself out of anxious situations while we're there since she's not just a call away."

He nodded, "Don't worry, there won't be anything of the sort around you while we're there, I'll make sure of it." I nodded at him and continued picking out clothes to pack in my suitcase for Mexico. Callum thought it'd be a good idea to let Ms. Price know since she knows better than anyone how much improvement I've made and how much I'll be able to handle.

With her okay, since she is my therapist, I felt better than ever. When Callum, Jordan and Kara told me about the trip I was unsure and nervous, thinking it was the worst idea in the world with the condition I'm in. But while they argued together at the fact that Jordan blurted it out, I thought it over.

My thoughts went from every worst-case scenario that could occur while there to the thought of Kara and I sitting on a couple of beach chairs together, basking in the sun. Jordan and I throwing each other in the pool, laughing and wrestling to see who was strong. Then finally, the sight of Callum and I.

His hands gently caressed the skin of my exposed hip and his lips gave feathered kisses on my neck as we laid in bed, looking out at the bright moon and stars outside of our hotel room after each day, clinging together like our lives depended on it.

No matter what happens, it was going to be with them. They're going to be by my side the whole time, laughing and smiling, sightseeing and meeting tons of people. The food, it's supposed to be amazing, the spiciness of each dinner meal, the sweetness of every fruit we shove into our mouths, everything was going to be amazing.

So I twisted my thoughts around and forced myself to be excited because I know if I hold myself back, it'll only make things worse and Ms. Price agrees. Now I've gotten the okay and can continue packing alongside Callum who looks excited but nervous. His emotions have been all over the place since he doesn't want me stepping out of my comfort zone only to get worse but I don't think that'll happen as long as I'm with him.

The thought makes a certain name and face flash in my mind, making me freeze and drop the shirt I had in my hand so I can take a little break and control my mind so the memory of him would disappear.

Master.

He went from consuming my every thought, every choice, every step, every damn second of my life to just disappearing. He disappeared, left at the time I needed him most. He left me confused, heartbroken and most of all, traumatized. I didn't realize it before but I do now. I know that most of the stuff he did wasn't right, most of the things he said were a lie and everything I felt for him was manipulated so he could be satisfied.

But I'm not satisfied, not one bit.

Rarely did he ever take over my mind anymore and when he did, Callum was right there beside me to bring me back, every single time. He didn't make me feel ashamed for the feelings I felt for master, he didn't tell me I was insane for finding comfort in master's words and touch and it almost made me feel like he understood, as he went through it before.

Because he did. With William.

He never had to say it out loud but I knew that was why he handled all of this so well, why he knew the answer to all of the questions running through my mind. It was because he already went through this chaos with a demon of his own, his own master who he learned to conquer.

I'm doing the same, I'm learning.

I felt his warm, soft hands in mine and opened my eyes, his soft, comforting smile already making me feel slightly better as he pulled my hands up to his lips and left soft pecks on each of my knuckles.