Chapter 50

Nia's POV...

I let out an annoyed groan as the sharp pain shot through my head again this morning, forcing me to finally wake up after it continuously pounded for the past hour. I lifted my head off of the pillow and rubbed my eyes, looking around me.

Callum laid on his stomach, his head facing me with an uneasy expression covering it while he was sleeping. I brushed my fingers through his hair, raising my eyebrows in shock when I saw a bandage wrapped around my wrist. When I felt around for whatever was wrong, I let out a hiss of pain when I hit a certain spot.

I got out of bed and quietly walked into the closet, picking up a pair of shorts and one of Callum's button-up shirts, not bothering to close more than two buttons. After that, I went into the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. Then I went to my bedside table and opened up the top drawer, looking through everything until I finally found the pack of cigarettes I remember buying before getting shit-faced last night.

I smiled at Miles, "It's okay, honey. Go to bed." He put his head back down as I gently shut the door behind me and padded through the hallway, stopping at Callums office to grab a bottle of wine then continuing until I finally got to the backyard. While heading to my destination, I walked by two men who were guarding the area. They looked me up and down, shamelessly letting their eyes linger on my chest.

When I looked down, I realized not buttoning the shirt up all the way didn't leave much to the imagination. My tits were practically hanging out, "I swear, you guys act like you haven't seen a pair of tits before." I rolled my eyes and shook my head then walked off.

I rubbed at my eyes, trying to rid my head of the dizziness taking over as I took the same way to climb the roof as Callum showed me a while back. When I finally got to the top, I let out a sigh and sat down, admiring the view.

I brought my knees up and placed my head on top, letting out a hum to ease the horrible, weighed-down feeling covering every inch of my body as I rocked back and forth.

"Goddamn, I'm never drinking again." I joked, snorting as I opened the bottle and took in a gulp. Then I lit a cigarette and took a long, slow drag of it, loving the way it made my body slump in relaxation.

When I was drinking or smoking, all the stress that I had previously felt left. I rarely ever felt anxious anymore, I felt free. It was the aftermath that felt like hell, so I would just do it all over again.

As I thought over what happened yesterday, the way I just snapped at Callum for not telling me what was going on, guilt overtook me. It wasn't fair to him after all he'd been going through lately. I'm the last thing he needs to be worrying about, this wasn't about me.

It just got stressful at times, trying to help him but with so little information. He needed to want me to help him, or else I couldn't. How was I supposed to help somebody heal from something I haven't been told about? How will our relationship work if he keeps shutting me out?

That doesn't give you an excuse to snap at him.

It didn't, it really didn't and I was going to work on that, being more patient with him. But after finding out what William had done, then continued to do to Callum for years, I couldn't help but want to put him through more pain. I barely started what I had wanted to do to him when they sent them away. It was frustrating, especially when Callum wouldn't just give me a straight answer.

What, does he expect someone that loves him to just let the person that did unspeakable things to him go? No. That's not me, I want that man to suffer so much he will wish he was dead. If he comes after my family again, I will be the one doing unspeakable things to him.