Chapter 6

Stirring in my sleep, I groaned feeling something wet around me on the bed. Rushing to open the lamp and looking around, I realized it was blood. Ugh, I got my period.

I pulled the now dirty sheets off of me and threw them onto the ground, then realized just how much blood there was, it was everywhere. I stood up and walked towards the bathroom.

Upon opening the door, I saw Alex's dead body on the ground, wrapped in the same onesie and blanket.

"ALEX!" I jolt awake from the nightmare, my chest rising and falling with each heavy breath I took. Beads of sweat glistened on my forehead and chest while tears fell out of my eyes. I sighed and stood up, knowing I wouldn't be able to go to sleep after such a scary nightmare. The nightmare that haunts me in real life, because what it shows me in there has already tormented me. My little boy is actually gone.

I decided to look around the house, trying to tire myself out when I came across a room with a clear glass door, showing me a big gym inside. Grey walls, weights and dumbbells on one wall, with a few yoga mats in the corner underneath a humongous mirror, two treadmills and one elliptical on another, as well as a few punching bags hanging from the ceiling and a utility bench right in the middle.

I thought I might as well get a good workout in since I had nothing else to do. I walked back the way I came from, going back to my room to change. I threw my clothes in the laundry basket and grabbed a black sports bra with a matching pair of leggings then went back to the gym after grabbing myself a water bottle from Callum's office. I knew I wasn't allowed in his office without permission, but it was just for a water bottle and what he didn't know wouldn't hurt him. Or me.

Grabbing a dumbbell and a yoga mat, I started with some squats when the door to the gym slammed open. In the doorway stood a fuming Callum, shirtless, with only a pair of grey sweatpants on and bedhead that he made look so hot.

"Nia, what the hell are you doing?" He grunted, irritated.

I set the dumbbell down and looked back at him, starting to scratch my arms nervously. He might find out I went into his office, how else would he know I was in here?

"I couldn't sleep, so I decided to walk around your house to memorize everything when I came across this gym and thought it'd be okay if I had a little workout," Out of breath, I continued, "I'm sorry."

Looking down, trying to pull an innocent look, I started fiddling with my hands. I heard him sigh, a smirk made its way onto my face. It worked.

"That's fine. I thought someone broke in because of my alarm-" He paused and looked at me. "My alarm in the office went off on my phone, Nia. What the fuck were you doing in my office?"

Uh oh. Before I got the chance to explain myself, he made his way over to me, getting in my face.

"I'm not gonna ask you again, sweetheart. If all you wanted to do was a workout, why did the silent alarm in my office go off?" I flickered my eyes over to his right hand, where he was holding a pistol. Oh my god, he's going to shoot me.

I started stuttering, not able to form words because of the panic attack making its way through my body. I felt lightheaded and nauseous as my arms shook with fear.

"P-please put the gun down."

He looked down, remembering he had it in his hand and put it in the back of his waistband.

"It's gone, now answer the question." He ordered, I sighed and pointed at the water bottle, telling him that it was all I wanted.

Thinking I was finally in the clear, I calmed down when he grabbed onto my cheeks and pulled me towards him.