Chapter 61

Muffin: Callum

Pookie: Jordan

Poptart: Kara

^For people who were confused about who was who.

--------------------------------

Fearful thoughts ran through my mind as we got all of my stuff together. They let me take a moment to myself in the room.

Each time I took a step forward, my mind would try and make me take two steps back. I couldn't stop thinking about master, I almost wanted him to come for me so he could prove what we had was real. He wouldn't show anyone else but when his friends and Amanda would leave with their share of the money we made, he would show me love and care.

He'd comfort me, let me take baths with him, touch me in all the right places with a certain gentleness that his friends never gave when it was their turn.

"Callum. He's good for you, mom, he loves you. Dean doesn't." Alex's voice rang through my ears."I don't like seeing you in pain. I don't like looking down at you and seeing you let dean do that stuff to you, mom. Please, let yourself love Callum again."

I had to do this. If not for myself then for my son. I needed to forget about master and let them bring me true happiness.

But I was happy. I was so happy with him.

But I was even happier with Muffin. So much happier. So much safer. I felt free, alive, independent and strong.

Master didn't let me feel any of those things. Only safe, sometimes. When his friends would get carried away and he'd stop them, it showed that I was important to him, in some weird way.

"Okay," I whispered to myself, closing my eyes and letting out a deep breath, "I can do this. Whatever happens, happens. Just go with the flow." One more deep breath and I turned around to face the door, forcing my hand out to twist the knob and pull it open to where Muffin, Pookie and Poptart stood, patiently waiting with supportive smiles on their faces.

"We're ready when you are." Poptart smiled. I nodded and forced my quivering lip to stop, sinking my teeth into it to appear strong and sure of this. After taking one last breath, I took a step forward.

They immediately followed. Muffin was on my right side and Pookie was on my left. The sound of Poptarts heels clicking on the floor was behind me, I was protected from all sides but the front. I felt safe, secure and assured myself that I was going to be okay with the three of them surrounding me.

"They're having a sale in the hospital cafeteria." Pookie said, breaking the silence in the elevator as we headed down to the main floor, "Should we head down there, go check it-"

"Shut up." Muffin cut him off.

"Right." He said, tapping his foot against the floor, "Didn't sound that good anyway."

I smiled, holding back a laugh. He looked down at me and winked before the elevator stopped and the doors slowly opened. We walked out, still in that same position with the three of them surrounding me.

I jumped in surprise when Oscar kicked off of the wall beside the elevator, tucked his phone into his pocket and walked right in front of me, leading all of us out. I wasn't the shortest person in the world, my height was mediocre but with these three brooding men surrounding me while my best friend protected me from the back, I felt smaller than ever.

But it was in a good way. Not small like how when master would tell me how stupid I was, small as in I felt cared for as a good parent cares for their child, all doubts that I was having before were long gone now that wherever I turned, a person I trusted was right there, ready to help and protect me if I needed it.