Chapter 53

Callum's POV...

Two weeks. I haven't seen her in two very long weeks.

After she realized she needed help, told me she was willing to get better I made the arrangements right away. We took her to a rehabilitation facility the day after and to say it was an emotional day was an understatement.

First Kara's stupid ass started crying, then that triggered Nia's tears and I was standing there like a fucking idiot not knowing what to do.

How the hell do you comfort someone who's about to go into rehab?

Jordan was a big help. The dickhead was stumbling about with tears of laughter falling out of his eyes while I patted the girl's shoulders, holding them against my chest awkwardly.

"I don't wanna go." She whispered, silently sobbing in my ear. She was nervous, she didn't know what to expect and I couldn't blame her. Who knows what these people do inside these facilities?

But we both knew she had no choice. She had to go for herself and us, as well as for our family. We couldn't keep going on like this, waiting for her to get worse and worse until the point of no return. She needed help as soon as possible and I'm glad she realized that.

She was simply just nervous.

"I love you." She said, letting go of my hand as the nurses led her away.

"I love you more," I murmured, watching as she held the teddy bear I got her against her chest, subconsciously trying to protect herself from whatever she had to face in there.

"You're so fucking sensitive," I turned to Kara. "Couldn't keep the tears in for a mere five minutes, you dumb fuck?"

She slapped my arm, "Shut up, you dick. It's not my fault, they just fell out."

"It's okay, baby. You look hot when you cry." Jordan said, draping his arm over her shoulder.

I blocked the rest of their weird-ass conversation out and got lost in my thoughts as we got in the car and drove away from the building. All I wanted was for her to be happy and I prayed that this would help her get in the right direction.

When I got home, Miles jumped on me excitedly. He looked at the door, ready to jump on Nia as well but she never walked through.

I sighed, "Mommy's going to be home soon, buddy. Don't worry."

At least I hope she will. Her addiction wasn't the worst case, but she was stubborn as hell, it really just depended on her.

The rest of the day, Miles and I sat in bed watching her favourite Disney movies. Her voice filled my head at certain parts, whether she'd cry, laugh, get jumpy and excited or gasp in surprise even though she'd watched every single one of them dozens of times.

But that night, I couldn't handle it anymore. I wanted her back, so bad. Tears filled my eyes knowing I had to wait, I wasn't allowed to just have my way this time and take her for myself. This was for her, not me. She's getting the help my mother never got and I needed to let her get through it on her own, let her have some independence so she could grow.

But damn, it was hard as hell.

Now two weeks had gone by and I couldn't be more fucking nervous. I didn't know what to expect as I brushed through my slightly grown-out hair that couldn't really be gelled back anymore. I was letting it do its own thing now which was simply sitting there with a stubborn ass piece always falling over my forehead no matter how many times I tried brushing it back.

I missed her, I missed her so fucking much. But I wouldn't be lying if I said the past two weeks haven't helped me. I had a lot of time to think and reflect on what our relationship was like before she left. The lies, the secrets, the pain, everything. It wasn't good and I was going to do my part in changing it as much as I could.