Chapter 28

We pulled up to a dealership ten minutes later. I stepped out of the car and looked around at all the fancy cars around us, nice and shiny with different colours.

Oh, there's red.

"You like the red one?" Callum asked me, noticing the way my gaze lingered as we walked into the shop hand in hand.

I nodded.

"Why don't you call Kara, ask her which one she wants." He suggested, "Then tell her she can eat shit and buy it herself."

My shoulders dropped as I gave him a stern look. He shrugged and pulled me along with him over to the front desk.

The lady looked up, her face falling in lust when she looked Callum up and down. Her smile dropped when she looked at me and saw our hands intertwined.

Don't stick your tongue out at her, Nia.

Callum went ahead and asked her which car is the latest, fastest and all that shit while I looked around. I slipped my hand out of his and walked around, looking at the interior and exterior of each car, wondering which one we should get.

My eyes made their way to a secluded car, separated from the rest. It was a Bugatti Veyron, sitting in all its glory with a shiny black coat, newly polished. I fell in love with the sight of it, immediately attached and made up my mind.

I looked around, finding Callum with the front desk lady, listening as she told him about the car they were looking at.

I hesitated before walking over, "Callum?"

"Yeah." He turned around.

"I think I know which one we should get." I scratched the back of my head nervously.

"Okay, which one?" He asked, looking around. I took his hand and led him to where I found the car.

"This one?" I asked him.

He stayed silent, circling the car to inspect it before looking at me.

"How much is it?"

Oh, fuck. I forgot about that part.

"I haven't asked anyone," I responded, "But it's probably expensive, you should just get something else, it's not that great of a car anyway-"

"You? Me? I should just get something else?" He confirmed, I nodded. "When are you gonna understand in that pretty little head of yours that what's mine is yours? Don't worry about the price, sweetheart, we'll buy it."

I smiled up at him, "Thank you."

He pecked my lips and called that lady over, telling her we want to know the price.

"Are we sure we'd like to get this one?" She asked, looking over at me in a judgy way, "Women don't really know how to handle these types of cars and I know you probably don't want to waste your money, Mr. Rivera."

"She can handle it just fine," Callum told her, "Just bring us the paperwork."

She nodded and Callum signed everything he needed to, "Now how much?"

"That will be one million, nine-hundred thousand."

I gasped, looking at him, "Callum, no."

"It's fine." He assured me. I nervously bounced my knee up and down, watching as he signed his name for the last time, finishing off the deal and shook the woman's hand.

One million? Nine-hundred thousand? Together? One million, nine-hundred thousand?

His hand held onto my thigh, forcing my leg still as we waited for her to bring us the keys. I watched as she placed them in his hands and bid us goodbye. Callum grabbed my hand and led me outside, where the car was now parked and some other employees clapped for us.