Chapter 70

comment.

-----------------------

Nia's POV...

"Hey, mom," A voice greeted me from behind. I opened my eyes, surrounded by complete darkness and I smiled. Turning my head, my mood lifted immediately as I saw Alex's face, "welcome back."

I reached out and grabbed his hands, bringing them to my lips and placing gentle kisses on his knuckles. He caressed mine with his thumbs, "How was the trip?"

I nodded, "It was good, honey. How are you?"

"I'm fine, mom, don't worry about me," he reassured me.

I scoffed, "How can I not worry about you? You're my son."

His smile fell, "Your dead son."

I gulped, "I...I know but-"

"And it was your fault," An all too familiar voice muttered.

The feeling of his cold hands in mine was now gone and so was he. I was left in darkness, the aura around me making goosebumps appear all over as the beat of my heart became rapid.

"No," I shook my head, covering my ears and closing my eyes, "please, no."

"No, what, baby girl?" I could feel him in front of me. My lower lip quivered when I felt the back of his finger caress my cheek. When I backed away, I felt a cliff at my heel but I knew if I were to open my eyes and look, it would all be dark with only his face in front of me.

"Please stop, please," I begged, balancing myself on the cliff as not to fall. His hand wrapped around my throat, the other forcing my hands away from my ears, a pointless move since it wouldn't block out his voice. But I kept my eyes closed, too scared to face him.

"If you don't open your eyes, you will be punished." He threatened. I shook my head, refusing. He sighed, "Oh, well," then he pushed me. I screamed as I fell back, my eyes shooting open as I felt heavy gusts of wind around me, giving me the impression that I was falling even though everything was still dark, pitch black.

Suddenly, I fell into a large body of water, a tiny light above the surface that I started swimming towards. So close, I was so close, kicking my legs, pushing my arms, a burning sensation filling every limb as I fought and fought to reach the top.

Finally, once my head broke through the barrier, I could breathe. My chest heaved violently as air filled my lungs. I brought my hands up and wiped at my eyes, then the next thing I knew, I was back in that bathtub.

Master's bathtub.

My clothes were gone, the only thing covering my skin were scars and bruises. The water was freezing, making my teeth chatter as I brought my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around them.

A hand placed itself on top of my wet hair and started petting me. I placed my forehead on my knees, closed my eyes and let out a sob.

"Why didn't you let him have you, baby girl? You know the rules right?" He said.

I nodded.

"What are the rules?" He asked, fisting my hair in his hands and forcing my head up to look at him. I was met with his blue eyes, light hair, shirtless chest.

He's so handsome.

"What are the fucking rules? I'm not going to ask you again," He repeated, tightening his hold to pull on my scalp. I grunted in pain, tears falling down my cheek as I placed my hands on the edge of the tub, and attempt to save myself when he was going to push me under the water.