Chapter 51

A/N: comment more.

>3

My heart pounded in my chest as we sped down each street, getting closer and closer to the warehouse. I didn't know what to think, what to expect as a ringing sound filled my ears. I laid my head back against the seat, letting out deep breaths and loosened up my neck, rolling it out to calm my nerves.

I opened my eyes, seeing we would be there very soon and took my gun out of my waistband. Callum handed me his as well to make sure they were both off the safety and filled up to the brim with bullets. I made sure to grab extra magazines and tucked them into my waistband right beside my knife.

I closed my eyes and looked up, praying that the kids were okay and none of the attackers got to them.

"Fuck." Callum muttered. I looked ahead, where eight unfamiliar cars were parked outside. The sound of bullets being shot inside sounded and tears filled my eyes.

"No." I didn't wait for Callum to come to a full stop before unbuckling my seatbelt and rushing out of the car. On the way, I pulled my knife out and slashed every single one of their tires so none of them could get away.

None of the security was outside when I went over to the entrance and pulled the door open. Callum was at my heels, the sight of people shooting, fighting and dying everywhere. I didn't hesitate and pointed my gun at the first unfamiliar face I saw, shooting them in the head. His body fell to the ground, the life that was in his eyes no longer there, leaving them empty.

Jordan and Kara came in soon after, I quickly made my way up the stairs since no one else seemed to be worried about the many kids we had upstairs.

"Jordan, go with her!" Callum yelled. We both made our way up the stairs, the chaos now muffled when we got into the elevator. The lock to it was now broken, showing us that people did in fact get upstairs and were with the kids now.

"Be completely silent, okay? We don't know how many of their men are up here." Jordan said. I nodded, breathing heavily as sweat formed at the palms of my hands, making my grip on the gun less firm.

I handed it to Jordan and wiped my hands on my legs, making them dry now and took it back. He chuckled, "You ready?"

I nodded, "Let's hope, for their sake, that these kids are okay."

He agreed and the elevator door opened, revealing the double doors right in front that led into where the kids were staying. We quickly crouched down, muffled voices filling our ears. I lifted my head to look inside, the kids were all kneeling on the ground in a line, none looked hurt. Yet.

In front of them stood a man, a creepy smile on his face as he walked in front of them with his gun in hand. He lifted his hand to touch one of the girl's cheek, pulling her in by her hair when she cowered away and anger filled up inside me.

Behind him stood two more men, their backs facing us and I immediately came up with a plan.

"Three men, two are standing close to us, the other is focused on the kids. Sneak up and slit their throats then deal with the last one together, his gun is drawn." I whispered to Jordan. He nodded and very slowly twisted the doorknob. I closed my eyes as he opened it, relieved when there wasn't a creak and we went inside.

I held my finger to my mouth when the kids saw us, their shoulders slightly slumping in relief. I spotted Imani, giving her a small smile. She smiled back, I gestured for all of them to close their eyes and they did.

In a swift move, Jordan and I wrapped our hands around the two men's mouths and slit their throats. We made no sound as we crouched down to lay their bodies on the floor.