Chapter 10

ALEXIS MAXWELL

ALEXIS MAXWELL.

My steps faltered when I spotted the girl standing in between Callum and Jordan.

Deep breaths, Nia.

Her eyes were a bright icy blue, her hair black, long skinny legs making her stand at about 5'8 with pale beautiful skin and wearing a pair of loose grey sweatpants with a tight little top covering her perfectly shaped breasts.

All three of them were dressed casually, Jordan and Callum wore sweatpants as well and hoodies to match with them.

I felt Kara grab my hand, tighten her grip and run her thumb across my skin in a comforting manner before letting go, silently reassuring me.

This girl is beautiful.

We made our presence known, stepping into their vision with big smiles on our faces. Yes, this random girl being here gave me an unsettling feeling for some reason but I wasn't about to let that ruin the fact that Callum was back and couldn't stop myself from running over to hug him.

Immediately, he hugged me back and kissed the top of my head before pulling my face away from his chest and caressing my cheek with his thumb.

"You good?" He asked me.

I nodded, "Now I am."

He smirked, satisfied and brought a hand to my hip, using the other to gesture to the stranger at the doorway beside him. The girl was studying me, looking me up and down in a judgmental manner then gave Callum a questioning look.

Suddenly feeling insecure under her gaze, I let go of Callum, crossed my arms over my chest and straightened my back.

I looked over at Jordan and Kara, watching in awe as they whispered in each other's ears like two teenagers. Big smiles covered their faces while they focused on each other, in their own little world.

"This is Alexis." Callum introduced her, "She's going to be staying here for a little while to work with you and Kara."

I nodded, looking at Kara who had a mischievous smirk on her face, looking over the girl while tilting her head.

Squinting her eyes in an intimidating manner, she introduced herself.

"Kara." She gave the girl her hand to shake.

"Alexis." The girl said with a smile on her face, "Nice to meet you."

Kara let out a chuckle, wiping the hand Alexis shook on her jeans, "Wish I could say the same."

Confused, I looked at Kara who gave Alexis a look so intimidating it scared me. Did she know something I didn't? The girl's been here for five minutes, what did she do?

Shaking it off, I decided to introduce myself properly, "Hi, Alexis. Nia."

I didn't put my hand out for her to shake. I don't need to touch someone to show manners and be kind.