Chapter 32

As the days went on, Kara and I were fighting Jordan and Callum's men daily until the sun went down. When the clock hit five, we'd start fighting Jordan or Callum until eight. Mary scolded us whenever we were late for dinner, saying it was cold now and she wasn't about to waste her time heating it for us and would leave us to do it ourselves.

Goddamn, that lady's scary sometimes.

When the day before the party hit, Callum let me sleep in since we'd be going out to buy our dresses and the boys' outfits.

"Why do we need to buy new dresses for this? The clothes are gonna get ruined anyway." I asked him as I dressed myself up in our closet.

"You're gonna be wearing garters to tuck your knife and gun into, so we gotta get you girls dresses that will make sure you can access it easily. Besides," He paused and pulled my face up to look at him, "I wanna spoil you."

He leaned down and kissed my lips while caressing the soft skin on my neck with his thumb. I scoffed as I pulled away, "Careful what you ask for. I might just take you up on that."

"You're more than welcome," He smiled, slapping my ass as he walked away. I discreetly rolled my eyes at him and finished getting dressed. Miles looked at me with those cute puppy dog eyes as I walked past him.

"Oh, baby." I pouted, "I wish I could sneak you into my purse." I let out a sigh.

Fuck it.

I grabbed his collar and leash then texted Kara to bring Dante as well and just ignore whatever Jordan and Callum say. She was more than happy to and we met up beside the garage door, both Miles and Dante sniffed at each other before licking each other's faces off.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" Jordan groaned when he saw the dogs with us.

"What? They want to come too." Kara told him, petting Dante's head.

"No, Nia. Go put 'em back inside." Callum shook his head.

"Why?" I talked back, "They won't be any trouble."

"I am more than happy to let them go if you're okay with leaving them outside when the workers don't let us bring them in." He had a good point.

"It's fine, just give them one of the really scary glares that make everyone listen to you!" I smiled, walking over to the car and telling Miles to jump in the back seat while Kara did the same with Dante in the car they were taking.

The boys exchanged a look and rolled their eyes, but didn't say anything more and gave up.

"Yay!" I said to Miles, "Daddy's letting you go. Be good, okay?"

He barked and licked Callum's ear when he got in the car.

"Hey, buddy." Callum scratched his head while backing out of the driveway. The sight of them together never got old. He didn't want to admit it, but he had a soft spot for the dog and it was evident from how he acted towards him.

We headed downtown where all the fancy shops apparently were. They were, in fact, very fancy. The workers were dressed formally with flawless makeup on and low buns with not one hair out of place.

We probably should've dressed more... appropriately for this.

 appropriately for this