Chapter 36

"Punch, kick, dodge, punch, punch, dodge, kick, punch, dodge, dodge, punch, kick, punch. Go."

Sweat covered every inch of my skin as I did the combo Callum told me to. I didn't dodge in time and he punched my face, I shook it off and we restarted. Again and again and again, it was always never-ending.

"Come on, you can do better than that!" He bellowed.

The frustration and exhaustion pent up in my body came out and I pushed myself harder, almost falling over on one of the kicks but got my stability back quickly. We had a big job to do tonight and I convinced Callum to let Kara and I go. We trained harder than ever in the past week and few days.

I felt stronger than ever but Callum always made sure to ruin that by tearing me down in training every single day like the amazing boyfriend he is.

Asshole.

"You know I love how hard you push me," I started, letting out pained breaths. "But can't you be the type of guy who takes it easier on his girl than he does with his men? Because right now you're treating me worse than you treat them."

He chuckled, "Why would I do that? I don't care if they get killed."

"Callum!" I threw my towel at him, "That's so mean."

"It's the truth, I don't care about most of these people." He shrugged, "We're starting up training with the kids soon."

I smiled, "That's great! How'd they take it when you told them they'd be staying with you?"

"They were happy, some of the older kids were suspicious but I can't blame them." He said, "Over time they'll realize it was better to stay here than be thrown into the foster system."

I nodded, "As long as you treat them with respect and love, they'll warm up in no time. When are you getting them out of there and into an actual house?"

We continued the conversation on our way to Luke, I wanted to see how he was doing. Callum told me he was probably going to kill him soon, the boy barely spoke anymore so it was getting 'boring'.

"Boss." The man guarding his door nodded at Callum, barely looking him in the eye as we walked past him.

He opened the door revealing Luke who looked worse than an actual corpse. His face was swollen, making it extremely hard to even recognize him while his private area had bugs flying around, eating away at it slowly.

"Holy shit," Callum's voice stayed low, almost inaudible. Luke's head stayed down, looking like he was unconscious so I stepped closer and squatted down to see his face. His eyes were wide open, staring into space. I now noticed that his chest wasn't moving, he was dead.

"He's dead." I turned to Callum.

He smiled, "Nice." I smiled back and we walked out of there, Callum telling the man outside to dump his body after making sure he's dead and not just pretending. I doubted he was, but that was a good idea.

When we got home, we immediately got ready for the job tonight. It wasn't like the masquerade party, tonight we'd be sneaking into a building where one of Callum's allies' kid was taken too. He was outside playing when these people took him and brought him there.

"No, it makes my tits look weird!" I whined as Callum forced a bullet-proof vest on me.

Against my will. By force. Non-consensual. Plain ass rude.

"I don't give a shit, you're wearing it." He muttered, keeping all of his focus on tightening the straps on my shoulders.

"But you can't even see my outfit-"