Chapter 58

This is going to be very hard to read.

Nia's POV...

Come tomorrow, it'll be three months. Three months since I last saw them. Three months after we hit that tree and I was dragged out of that car, the last face I saw belonged to my best friend who was too dazed to help me, to stop him.

Matt.

He's dead now.

I looked out of the window placed right beside me as I knelt on my bed, fiddling with the chain connected to the thick, metal collar around my neck. What was first the heated air of August when I had been taken was now icy, cool air as October came to an end.

The tips of my fingers were purple, goosebumps released all over my body beneath the scars that were my new skin. Every time the freezing chain connected to my collar touched my skin, I'd flinch away from how cold it was.

Master would wake up any minute now, I wanted to ask him if I could have a shirt or something to wear. Maybe, just maybe he would permit it. If not, I had to suck it up and keep myself warm with the bed beneath me that I always somehow found a way to fit in.

My head snapped to look behind me when the sound of footsteps filled my ears. I quickly got into the proper position with my knees spread apart enough for my hands to rest in front of me and my head down.

"Morning my baby girl." He greeted me.

"Morning, master," I said, still keeping my head down. His footsteps came closer until the sight of his sock-covered foot appeared beneath my eyes. I leaned down and pressed my lips against it before rising again.

"You may look up." I did just that, looking up at him with a longing smile. He reciprocated, reaching his hand out to pet my hair while I closed my eyes, taking in the comforting feeling that filled my body with warmth.

I opened my eyes again, smiling at the sight in front of me. His cropped, light brown hair, those icy blue eyes. He wore nothing but grey sweatpants, his muscles constricting with each movement he made.

"Master?" I spoke up, making sure to keep my voice down. He didn't like it when I talked too loud, it showed a sign of disrespect.

"Yes?" He said, crouching down in front of me. His face was an inch away from mine, his fresh breath fanning across my lips.

"Can-can I have a shirt or something to wear during winter?" I hoped he would allow it. I really needed one or I'd freeze to death.

His face fell, "But you look beautiful like this, why would you wanna cover your body from me?"

My palms started sweating against my thighs as I shook my head, "No, master, that's not why. It-it's just getting really cold so-so I was just wondering-"

The angered look on his face made me cut myself off, "No. You don't need a shirt, you'll be perfectly fine without it, understood?"

"But-" I was met with a hard slap to my cheek, making me fall to the floor, holding it with my cold hands to ease the burning sensation shooting through my skin. He waited, seeing if I'd try and push any further and stood to his full height, going to walk away when I made the biggest mistake.

"I hate you," I muttered, something overtook me. The feeling was familiar, something I kept deep inside but didn't let show with master very often, maybe once or twice every two weeks. Otherwise, I never disobeyed or disrespected him. But when I did it, I felt alive and strong.

But it never lasted.

He froze, fisting his hands that were at his sides while I moved back into the corner, my chest heaving in panic as he slowly turned around, his eyes dark and filled with rage. In a flash, he was right above me, kicking and punching my stomach over and over again as I let out quiet groans of pain, so used to it that it never elicited a sound from me.