Chapter 76

comment.

--------------------------------------

"Nia!"

I ignored the echoing of Seth's voice ringing through my ears and continued my way down the hall, only one face flashing through my mind that I could take my anger and despair out on. Tears fell down my face, making it hard to see as I stumbled down the stairs that seemed to grow longer with each step I took.

I pushed every door open, trying to find which one would lead me down to the basement where Seth had William taken to. I passed by the living room where Kara and Jasmine sat, their heads turned towards me in worry but I'd left before they could even say my name.

"No, stop her!" Seth's voice echoes throughout the bottom floor. His footsteps were then accompanied by Jasmine and Kara's, except they have no idea why they're running after me.

A furious burn covers the skin of my body, creating an unscratchable itch and becoming more intense with each door I slam open, one's doorknob breaking from the force of my hands. By now, the tears had stopped, dried onto my face but wretched sobs still forced their way out of my mouth as my frustration grew.

Finally, after throwing open one last door, the other side revealed a dark stairwell that led to the basement. "Nia!" I heard Seth yell. Without thinking twice, I threw myself down the stairs, my feet falling harshly against each step. My body felt like a heavy burden as my hand gripped tightly onto the handrail, knowing I'd probably stumble down and hurt myself if I didn't.

But hurting myself was all I wanted to do right now in this moment of panic. I wanted to hurt myself so bad that I wouldn't be awake for the pain I'd have to go through from now until the end of my life.

Might as well just end it now, right? But there's somebody else that needs to go before I do. He's lived a lot longer than he deserves and I'm sick of it.

Skipping the last couple of steps, I rushed down the dark hallway surrounded by metal doors and dreadful, grey walls. It screamed death, it reeked corpses and a soft chill ran down my back the further I walked.

My head turned to see Jordan and Sinn with their sleeves pushed up to their elbows, cleaning their hands with rags that were now covered in blood, encouraging me to get to my destination as quickly as possible.

"Jordan, stop her!" Kara's voice appeared. Jordan stopped and looked up, his eyes catching mine. The shock was quickly replaced with worry but when he went to grab me, it was too late, I had already run into the room down the hall and slammed the door shut behind me, bolting it with a metal rod.

My chest heaves at a dangerous pace as relieved tears welled up in my eyes. I felt relief that I had gotten here. They started banging on the door, their voices begging me not to do anything rash but I wasn't listening. Callum wouldn't have listened either, why would I?

I slowly turned away from the chaos behind the door for my sight to be met with an unconscious body lying on the floor, tied to the wall with rope, being treated like the scum that it is. He was in bad shape, so bad that he was unrecognizable when I flipped him over and poured a cold bucket of water over his swollen face.

Rage filled every nerve in my body, replacing the fear and sorrow I had felt just minutes before when his eyes opened and he shot up, coughing and choking. He got on his hands and knees, groaning in pain and it only angered me further.

Seeing him conscious and breathing drew my anger over to Seth, Jordan and Sinn, they should've made it so he wasn't able to move, or speak, only feel. I want him to feel every blow, ever cut, every bullet I shoot into his body but I don't want him to be able to move or do anything that could make it easier to bear.