Chapter 43

Nia's POV...

As I twisted Callum's hair around my fingers, felt his heart beating against mine and stared off into the distance where the sun had come up a few hours ago, my mind felt at ease.

It was at ease, happy, comfortable. And that told me that something was lurking in the shadows, it wouldn't be this way for long. Something was coming, something big but I didn't know what. Alexis? Callum's brother, whose name I found out was Seth? What was going to happen, how much was it going to affect us? Most importantly, were we going to get through it this time?

But I forced it out of my mind, ignoring the pressure in my chest and brushed his fingers back, kissing his head before sliding out of his hold and reaching into the drawer to pull out another plan-B.

He shifted in his sleep as I walked into the bathroom to fill up another glass of water and walked back over.

"Good morning." I smiled when he looked over at me, blinking his eyes open with a soft, innocent look on his face. My smile only grew at the sight. He flipped over and snuggled into the pillows, the blanket going down to his waist leaving all of his back muscles in view, flexing with every movement.

Then his head shot up again and he looked at me. "What are you doing?"

"Taking a plan-B, why?" I asked, putting one on my tongue, gulps of water following it down my throat until I felt it was enough.

His eyebrows crinkled, face slightly falling. "Oh."

"Why, what's wrong?"

He dropped his head again, shrugging. "I don't know, I just didn't think you were taking anything."

I squinted my eyes, "Callum, were you serious about getting me pregnant?"

He cleared his throat awkwardly, fully awake now as I sat back on the mattress beside him, calling Miles over and petting his head. "No." He lied. "Yeah."

My eyes widened. "Really? Right now?"

He stared. "Why not?"

"I don't know, I didn't think right now was the best thing especially with everything going on." I pointed out.

He sighed. "I know. You just look hot when you're with kids."

I smiled. "But those won't work forever, I think I need to get on birth control soon."

He sat up, shaking his head. "No, I don't want you on those. They fuck with women's hormones, you won't be happy. I'll just start wearing condoms again, don't worry."

"Are you sure?"

He nodded. "Yeah, don't go on those. I don't like them."

"Okay," I agreed. "Kara and I are going out to get some stuff ready for your party tonight, we'll meet you guys at the club."

He groaned, "Why the whole day? How much shit do you need?"

"Hey! We want to make this fun for you, get your mind off of everything. We never get to enjoy when we go out, I want to make sure it's completely enjoyable. And we booked appointments for our hair and makeup and...other stuff." I smirked.

His eyes thinned, suspiciously. "What are you up to?"

I shrugged, "Don't worry about it."

He pulled me into his arms, kissing my collarbones and neck, admiring the hickey's from last night while I did the same to him. Then we went into the bathroom to get ready for our day. Callum and Jordan were going to train, work, and make sure the club was ready while Kara and I were going to make sure the men would be entertained tonight.