Chapter 7

I woke up the next morning from another nightmare, my throat sore and dry, my body completely exhausted and thought about these last few months for the next hour.

I witnessed the death of my son and my father. My mother is apparently dead as well, I got a job as a stripper, got kidnapped by my boss then let him spank me and sucked his dick.

What the hell am I doing? This isn't right, at all. No matter what I did though, it's not like I could stop myself from taking whatever Callum and I are further. He was too addicting, so rough and gentle at the same time. He's what takes my pain away, but adds to it at the same time.

I needed to get away from real life for a second.

Getting out of bed, I threw on a sweatshirt and sat down in front of my bag.

Pulling out some of Alex's toys, his onesie and a blanket, it started to fill my mind with memories of when he was with me. I was so happy. We were so happy.

I heard the door open and panicked, rushing to put his stuff back.

"Nia." I looked over, my body relaxing when I saw Kara standing in the doorway, a sad smile on her face.

My lower lip started to quiver, my shoulders slumping and tears rolled down my face.

She was quick to come to sit beside me, hugging me tightly. While narrating some stories we both had with our little boy, she rocked me back and forth comfortingly.

After talking for a few minutes, she wiped the tears off of her face, then mine.

"You feeling better?" She looked me in the eyes, wanting my true answer.

I shook my head, no. She sighed.

"I know," She mumbled.

"But it's okay. I'm okay." I reassured her, not wanting her to be sucked into the dark hole I was stuck in.

"I love you." She stated.

"I love you, too." I smiled at her.

As we both neatly folded and put away Alex's things, Kara suddenly spoke up.

"Do you want to go out somewhere?" Get your mind off of things?" She asked.

"Callum would never let us leave." I shook my head. As much as I would like to go get some fresh air, we wouldn't be allowed.

"Oh, come on, Nia. It's obvious we're not really prisoners here anymore, after what's started between you and Callum." She groaned.

Nodding, I told her we could try, but I doubt Callum would ever say yes.

She responded with, "Oh don't worry about that, just pull out your puppy dog eyes, it'll work."

I laughed and she left, telling me to get ready.

I wanted to bring my mood up and dressing up always made me feel better. So I decided to wear something that would make me feel more confident. Taking a quick shower, then blowing out my hair, I then applied some light concealer and nude lipstick, finishing it off with some mascara and eyeliner.