Chapter 57

Callum's POV...

"I love you." I smiled at Nia as she fiddled with her shirt. We were outside of the rehab center, I convinced her to try out the AA meetings and she finally gave in.

She took a deep breath and turned to me, "I love you more. Are you sure Zoe won't be there?"

I nodded, "She's not going to be there for a while, sweetheart. Kara took photos after she beat the bitch's ass if you wanna see them." I was about to pull out my phone to show her but she shook her head.

"No, it's okay." She said, leaning over to press her lips against mine then pulled away a few seconds later. "You said Matt, Kara and Oscar are picking me up after, right?"

I nodded, "Yeah. I would pick you up but there's a lot of work we need to get done at the warehouse."

"Can I just come with you?" She tested. I raised an eyebrow and she let out a frustrated sigh but didn't push it further. I smiled, waiting until she was inside and with those two guards she likes so much before pulling out of the parking lot.

"Ooh, get that one," Jordan exclaimed, pointing at another ring sitting underneath the glass. I looked at it and shook my head.

"That's too small. What are we, poor?" I scoffed. He looked at the manager who was helping us, her face a bit offended. I gave her a bored look, "What is this, the dollar store? Where are you getting this shit from?"

"Okay, let's just go see another store. I apologize, ma'am, he doesn't get out much." He smiled, shoving me away. I shook my head as we walked out, looking around for another jewellery store that seemed worthy enough.

"Man, I understand you want the best to give her but you know better than to be so rude." He scolded.

I let out a shaky breath, "I know, fuck. I'm nervous, Jordan."

"It's not like you're going to pop the question this week or anything." He pointed out, "You said it yourself, you're not putting that pressure on her 'till she's better so there's no need to be so nervous right now."

I nodded, "I know but what if she says no? How the fuck do people propose, get told no and still manage to look that person in the eye every day like everything's normal?"

He shrugged, "I don't know but it's fucked up in my opinion, just shows that the two people are on two whole different levels."

"That's not making me feel any better, asshole." I gritted.

"Sorry, it's not like I'm any better at this-"

"Boys, look!" Mary cut him off, appearing out of nowhere with a big smile on her face, "I got this cute dress, how do I look?"

We looked her over and then looked at each other before pulling her to stand between us, hiding her from the gaze of all the creepy old men around us who were appreciating the view. The woman's almost sixty but she looks better than most people her age.

Being trained and learning how to keep fit definitely benefited her and she embraced it which pissed me the fuck off.

"You came out in that dress on purpose," I mumbled.

She rolled her eyes and shoved us away, "Shut up before you get a smack. Let me be a free woman, I am single after all." I closed my eyes, averting my gaze as she showed herself off, waving at a few men.

"Mary, please stop." Jordan pleaded, glaring at the men she waved at.

"Alright, alright." She shrugged him off, pulling on her cardigan. "Did you guys find a ring or not?"