Chapter 3

I woke up the next morning with swollen eyes and a bad headache. I took two Advil and walked out of my room, seeing Kara in the kitchen making some breakfast.

"Good morning, you hungry?" She said in a cheery voice. Kara was such a big help with all that I've been through, she knows how to ignore the negatives and focus on the happy things in life. I smiled at her and nodded, sitting down on the stool behind the island.

'We've gotta go shopping today, I don't want you wearing stuff to the club that I wore last year. You need new stuff that's your size." She told me, leaving no argument as she put two pancakes on my plate. I nodded again.

"Stop that, I want words." She stopped moving around the kitchen, waiting for me to respond verbally.

"Okay, sounds good." My voice sounded croaky because of how sore my throat was. I cleared it, letting out a cough while Kara gave me a sad look.

"I'm always going to be here for you, Nia, okay?" She assured me, gently. I smiled at her as I took my last bite of pancakes, then stood up and hugged her. She was like a mother to me, as weird as it sounded. Or a very caring big sister.

"I'm gonna go shower and get ready," I let her know before heading to my room to pick out some clothes, then made my way to the bathroom.

I took a second to look at myself in the mirror, my eyes were so red and swollen. How am I supposed to work looking like this? And on my first day?

I shook my head, not wanting to worry about that right now and hopped into the shower. After taking a couple of extra minutes to let my tears out, I washed my face and hopped back out.

My hair still held the waves from last night so I left it as it was and put some concealer around my eyes, applied mascara and eyeliner then put my clothes on.

"You ready, Nia?" I heard Kara yell from the living room.

I collected my bag from my room, not forgetting to put one of Alex's blankets in there then headed out to the living room. Kara made sure we had everything before we left.

NIAS OUTFIT