Chapter 11

Stirring in my sleep because of the sunlight flashing in through the big windows, I groaned from the headache I've woken up with for so long that I forget when it started.

I jumped when Callum appeared at the bathroom door, black sweatpants hanging low at his waist revealing his prominent V-line.

The gunshots. The blood. The lifeless bodies of two strangers laying on the ground right beside me.

My body started to shake a little bit just thinking about it.

I looked down, seeing I was naked then looked back at Callum.

"Kara undressed you, calm down."

I didn't reply, just stood up and walked to the bathroom before stepping into the shower.

I grabbed the soap and started rubbing at my skin as if the blood was still stained on it.

Tears fell out of my eyes as all the memories came rushing in, reminding me how many bodies were on my hands, how many lives I took just from living.

Alex.

My mom.

My dad.

And the two boys whose names I didn't even get the chance to learn.

Hearing the shower door open and close, I turned around at a naked Callum before looking back down at my skin that was turning red from the heat of the water and the unnecessary roughness of my rubbing.

"It's not coming off! The blood isn't coming off!" I choked out, showing Callum my bloody hands caused by my imagination. It was all in my head.

He put the soap bar back before gently grabbing my hands to stop the scrubbing that had started to turn to scratches.

"Stop it, that won't help."

"No!" I pulled my hands out of his hold and continued, my nails starting to draw blood.

"Stop!" He bellowed, making me look up at him in shock and fear, but it quickly turned into anger.

I shoved him away as hard as I could, making his back hit the glass door.

"You did this!" I shouted, "You took their lives away when you had no right! Who the fuck are you to-"

He cut me off, pushing me back to the cold wall, making me stand just below the showerhead, the water falling over my face.

My arms wrapped around my chest protectively, scared of the glare he was giving me as well as the way he clenched his jaw, his grip on my waist tightening.

"No one is allowed to touch you but me. If they do, they suffer the consequences." He paused, "And so will you when you calm the fuck down."

I scoffed, "Oh, so I'm not even allowed to dance with someone when you're over at your stupid VIP table getting all friendly with Alexis?"

"That's different. I've known her for years." He scolded, "You, however, were getting with random guys, acting like a whore."

I snapped, not even realizing what had happened until his face snapped to the side and I felt a tingling sensation on my hand.

I slapped him.

He took a deep breath, a scoff coming out of his mouth before a threatening laugh made its way out as well.

Grabbing my face, he squeezed down on my cheeks and brought my face up to his. I stood on my tippy toes, holding onto his arm for support.

"I'm going to say this once and never again, alright?" I nodded, "You better remember your fucking place in this house. You're no more than a prisoner, a whore, slut, whatever makes you fucking sleep at night, for me to use." He muttered, shrugging his shoulders carelessly.