Chapter 9

"Babe, wake up." I stirred in my sleep, groaning at Callum's voice and turned away from him.

"I'm leaving, Nia. Wake up." I shot up.

"What?" I breathed, "Where are you going?" My blurry vision cleared as I squinted my eyes at the tall figure standing beside the bed in front of me.

"Jordan and I are leaving for the business trip, our flight leaves in two hours at six." He told me, glancing at his watch.

Then I remembered and my shoulders slumped as I rubbed my eyes.

"Do you have to go? Can I come with you?" I shuffled towards the edge of the bed and hugged his waist.

He hugged me back, the warmth of his hands on my waist making me sigh, "Yes and no, it's too dangerous for you to be seen with me around all of those people."

I looked up at him, showing my innocent eyes and tilting my head.

"That's not gonna work this time, I just woke you up to say bye." He kissed my forehead and grabbed his bag, going to leave.

"Wait," I called him, he turned back to me expectantly. "Um, can you just call me before bed?"

"Yeah, but why?" He asked.

"I just sleep better when you're with me," I mumbled, looking down. Which I did, I didn't feel the heaviness in my mind and body that weighed me down like usual when he was with me. His presence, his warmth, his comfort helped me sleep a lot better with the little bit of weight he lifted off of my chest.

He stepped closer to me again, "Don't think I forgot about yesterday, Nia. I still want that answer when I get back."

"But-"

"No buts, you're a good girl, right?" He asked me and I couldn't help but nod.

"Good. I'll see you in two days." He dismissed me, walking out of the door.

I flopped back onto the bed, letting out a frustrated sigh.

Getting lost in my thoughts, my eyes started to feel heavy again and I fell back asleep.

Five hours later I was woken up by a knock on the door.

"Come in, Kara." I groaned.

She opened the door and stepped in, "I miss Jordan."

My eyes shot open, "I knew it!"

"Shut up!" She exclaimed, "I don't know what I feel for him yet, but what I do know is that I miss seeing his stupid face."

"It's only been a few hours, hasn't it?" I teased her.

She grabbed a pillow and chucked it at me, making me hold my arm up and the blanket fall a little bit, showing that I wasn't wearing anything.

I heard her gasp as I pulled the blanket back up, "What were you and Callum doing last night?" She asked me in a mischievous voice.

I laughed, "I told him I wasn't going to miss him. You can imagine the rest."

We both laughed and sighed, not talking for a minute.

"I miss him."

"I miss him."

Then we looked at each other and laughed again.

She sat down beside me, "What have our lives come to?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. But honestly, I haven't felt this," I paused, trying to find the right words, "I don't know, secure, in a while."

She looked at me, "I agree, I haven't felt this safe and taken care of since I was with my parents."