New Home | 25

Peter's PoV-

Sheri and Liz bring me to the Child Welfare Centre where they take me to an all too familiar room.

I sit at a table across from the two shitty social workers, eh well I don't really know about this Liz chick.

"I know this is hard for you, but you have to tell us what's happening at home" Liz says.

"Nothing different than what I'm used to" I say with a shrug, technically it's not a lie.

"Okay, does you foster father hurt you in anyway? Has he ever done something you've told him not to?" She asks, they'll probably already know when they go to that hellhole so what's the point in lying?

I let out a dry chuckle, "only when he's drunk" I scoff, they're faces fall into concerned expressions.

"And how often is that would you say?" Sheri asks writing in her book.

"I don't think I've ever seen the dude sober" I say truthfully.

"How often does he hurt you?" She asks.

"Whenever he sees me I guess, sometimes he can't even stand though, it's not that bad though, only a punch here and there" I say, lying coming easy to me.

"Does he ever use weapons of any kind?" Liz asks.

"The bat, he uses it when he's angry, mostly when his friends are there, if that's what he calls them" I say looking down at the table.

That's all I needed to say for them to have enough evidence, chances are I'll never even see Carl again. Woohoo!

"We have a couple potential foster parents available, for now you'll stay at a group home for a couple days while we check them out" Sheri says and I just nod, they're probably shit.

"We'll get someone to get some of your stuff, is there anything specifically you want?" She asks me.

"No thanks" I say shaking my head.

"If you want to call anyone you can" Liz says and I shrug.

"We'll get everything sorted for you" Sheri says, I nod and the two leave the room.

I dig my phone out of my pocket and call Tony to tell him I won't be at the tower for a few days.

"Hey kid, what's up?" Tony asks.

"I won't be at the tower until Monday next week" I reply.

"Okay, why?" He asks curiously.

"Uhh I'm moving" I say.

"Oh well good luck kid" he says.

"Thanks, bye" I say.

"Cya" he replies and I hang up putting my phone back in my pocket.

Only about 10 minutes later Liz and Sheri come back into the room both with smiles on their faces.

"We have good news for you!" Sheri says happily.

"There's a woman already ready for you, and she'd be willing to take you today!" Liz says with a soft smile.

"Can I meet her beforehand?" I ask them cautiously.

"Of course, we want you to feel safe" she replies kindly.

"She's on her way now actually, as well as James who's getting your stuff" Sheri says and I nod in acknowledgment.

"This might seem like it's all going so fast but it's for the better okay?" Liz says and I nod.

"And if you have any problems, you know you can tell us, we're going to start checking in once a month just to see if you're okay" Sheri adds and I nod... again.