Scars | 36

October 31st

Bruce takes me to Med-Bay, Tony, Nat, and Harley tagging along for quote on quote emotional support. Harley's words not mine.

When we get there I sit up on one of them table things that I don't know the name of but it reminds me of the school nurse who always sucks.

"I really don't trust whoever stitched you up because I'm not sure if it was an actual professional, knowing you" Nat says.

"It was two professionals actually, Dr. Carter and Dr. Hall, they're the only people I trust with me in the OR, Dr. Jones is an asshole and I was really happy to find out it wasn't him" I say and they just look at me in confusion.

"You seem to know these doctors pretty well and it's worrying" Harley says and I shrug.

"I'm clumsy, one time I fractured my pelvis and now I'm like one of them old people who have a screw in their hip!" I say cheerily.

"Okay let's just get this wound stitched back up, I'm also redressing these bandages, you should every four hours" Bruce says and I pout.

"But I- I like these bandages" I say and Nat narrows her eyes at me.

"If you're squeamish with blood just say the word" Bruce says and I laugh.

"What? No, I've stabbed my teacher with a pencil, of course I'm not squeamish with blood" I say in amusement.

"Fine just stop being difficult and let Brucie Bear do his thing" Tony says and I sigh.

"Fine, fine" I say slipping my shirt off seeing as it's already unbuttoned.

"Holy fuck" Harley says with a gag and looks away.

No he's not gagging because I'm so hideously ugly... at least I hope not, it's because of the gruesome scars visible all up my arms.

Nat immediately steps forward and grabs my left arm examining the largest scar, luckily it's not the one in the sling.

"What the actual fuck детка" she says in shock tracing the healed wound.

"Skateboard accident...?" I chuckle sheepishly.

"Kid what happened? Where'd you get these?" Tony asks with wide eyes.

"These aren't even my worst ones I don't know why you guys are freaking out" I say and their eyes just wide even more.

"What do you mean they're not the worst ones?!" Nat exclaims and I chuckle nervously.

"I probably shouldn't have said that" I say in realisation.

"No, you're showing us these scars and you're gonna tell us where you got them" she says and I sigh.

"Just get me stitched up n' shit and I'll tell you as we go along, multitasking!" I say with a goofy grin.

"I'm too old for this shit" Bruce mumbles as he unravels my bandages.

"Aaaaaand Harley's puking" I say as my boyfriends hurls into a trash can.

"No fucking shit, what the actual fuck kid?! How did you get these?!" Tony exclaims.

"Uhhh Baba Yaga" I say and they glare.

"Fine fine, uhhh I can't remember all of em, I know that some of em are from like kidnappers n' shit, some from really bad foster parents, accidents, people I don't know, my father, my father again, oh and I forgot to mention, my father" I say, wow I have some serious daddy issues.

"Oh did I mention my father?" I ask and they all just look at me in shock and pity, or in Nat's case, anger.

"Yeah, I'm gonna need a list of everyone who's ever laid a finger on you" Nat says with a sickly sweet smile.

"Why?" I ask.

"No reason" she says with a forced smile and I raise a brow.

"Well I'm pretty sure half of em are dead, you guys looked up that dude who gave me 50% of my DNA right? Well is he dead? If not you can kill him if you want" I say.

"Dude you have issues" Tony says and I just grin.

Bruce is so helpful that this whole time he was redressing my wounds and somehow managed to stitch me up without me even noticing. I have no idea how.

"Damn Banner, are you sure you're not a magician, eh well you are in another universe Shrike" I say and he just looks confused.

"So names Peter" Nat says and I sigh.

"Clayton Boyle, Morgan Hunt, Adrien Toomes, Adam Franco, Gordon Finley, Malcom Knight, Nick Romano, Al and Frank Ricci, Guang Hai Chi, Akai Kaji, Yuki Nakamura, Awaale Dihoud, Waabberi Fawazi, there's like a lot more but I'm like really not in the mood to list like a hundred people" I say from the top of my head.

"Jesus shit kid" Tony says with wide eyes and I shrug.

Harley finishes puking and just hugs me and even though it hurts like hell, I hug him back.

"It's all good Harls, I'm totally fine" I say and Nat gives me an unconvinced look.

"Peter, you literally have PTSD and now it fucking makes sense because how could you not?" She says.

"I'm pretty sure I'm perfectly fine" I say and she gives me one of them 'mom' looks... again!

"No one with that many scars is just fine" Tony says and I sigh.

"Sure there's days that totally suck, but these scars; they don't affect me, the people who inflicted them; they don't hurt me. What affects me is what the scars tell me about my failures, what hurts me is the people I lost because of those failures" I say.

"I wish I just went through it all alone, then maybe so many lives wouldn't have been lost" I add with a shrug.

They all look at me with sympathy etched into each of their faces.

"You don't have to go through everything alone, not anymore" Harley says, hugging me again.

"Thanks Harls" I smile.

"I hate to be that person, but you probably shouldn't hug him, he really needs to go home and rest for a few days" Bruce says.

"Just stay here and recover, I'm sure your foster mom won't mind" Tony says.

"Chrissy" I say to Harley.

"She'll be fine, if you really want to, I'm sure dad will let her stay as well" Harley says and Tony raises a brow.

"She's my little sister, I've already been away from her for so long, and our foster mom isn't home much, I worry ya know" I say, rubbing the back of my neck sheepishly.

"Well she can stay as well" Tony says and I smile.

"Thanks" I say.

"No prob kid, call your foster mom if you want" Tony says and I nod.

I take out my phone and call Maisie, she surprisingly picks up.

"Oh hey kid, so you ain't dead, good to know" she says.

"Yeah, just wanna let ya know that I've practically been kidnapped by boyfriend and his crazy ass family and I won't be home for a couple days" I say causing Harley to laugh.

"Yeah sure whatever" she says.

"Thanks, bye" I say and the phone call ends.

"She was surprisingly fine with that" I say and Tony snorts.

"Well Harley, you can take him to one of the guest rooms" Tony says and we both leave the room after Nat gives me a hug and motherly kiss on the head.

Huh weird.

———

Here y'all go broskis, anotha' chapter for anotha' day.

Also I'm like vibing to Harry Styles rn, do y'all have a favourite song of the esteemed gentlemen, nae god, Harry Styles?

Word Count: 1200

- mayaaa ✌🏼