Buckaroo | 39

November 1st

I shot up in a cold sweat, breathing heavily as my heart beat rapidly outside my chest.

I sit up and lean against the headboard, a nightmare... again.

Though it was different this time, it wasn't a reoccurrence of a previous traumatic experience. It was at first but it ended differently, horribly in fact. Everyone I had saved before died, it was awful, but nothing compared to other nightmares I have so I just shake it off.

Knowing I won't be able to get back to sleep anytime soon, I get up from the bed.

It's 4:37 am so not too bad, at least I get a few hours in, more than I usually do, in fact I usually just go to sleep at 4 am, never mind wake up at it.

I make my way out of the room and walk down the hall. It's silent, which I find weird, but nice at the same time.

I get to the kitchen and am surprised to see Bucky sitting at the counter stating intently at an apple.

I shrug and walk past him to the fridge, I open it and pout when I see no string cheese.

"What kinda household doesn't have string cheese?" I say with a sigh.

"Kid? What are you doin' up?" Bucky asks in slight surprise.

I stand at the counter across from him and raise a brow.

"I could as you the same thing" I say.

"Nightmares" he says in almost a whisper, looking down at his hands.

"Same, but hey life sucks like that" I say with a shrug.

"You wanna talk about it?" He asks looking up at me.

"Do you?" I ask, he shakes his head no.

"Neither" I say.

"Wanna go for a walk? I grew up around New York, I know tons of cool places" I ask him.

"Sure kid, wait aren't you like, not allowed to leave?" He asks in confusion.

"It'll be fine" I shrug.

"You sure?" He asks with a raised brow.

"Positive, it's just walking" I say and he caves.

"Fine" he says.

We then each go get dressed and I'm very silent because I don't wanna wake anyone up, if I did, they'd probably stop me from leaving.

Once I'm all dressed I walk out and make my way back to the kitchen just as Bucky does too.

"If you fall and like die, I'm leaving you there and pretending I didn't know what happened" he says to me joking and I snort.

"Noted" I say and we walk into the elevator.

"Ohmagosh Tony put buttons!" I say excitedly when I see the buttons.

He looks at me and facepalms as I press the buttons.

"Fri just take us to the ground floor" Bucky says and the elevator slowly descends.

"Those buttons don't even work, why are they even there?" He asks and I grin.

"Me and Harley made him instal them because we love pressing buttons" I say and he shakes his head in amusement.

The elevator doors open and we walk out into the main lobby, there's only security around.

"Hey happy" I say to happy as we walk out.

"You both realise it's 5 in the morning right?" He asks with a raised brow.