Arc Reactor | 34

October 31st

I get to the warehouse and walk in, gods I shouldn't have left Chrissy alone this long.

«Младшая сестра?» I call out as I'm walking in.

"Peter!" She exclaims and jumps up at me.

"I thought you left me" she says with a sniffle.

"I'd never leave you small, come on I'll make you something to eat" I say and walk over to the small kitchen as she continues to hold onto me.

"You know I'm pretty sure I still have dino nuggies in the freezer" I say with a smirk and he eyes light up.

"Really?!" She asks excitedly and I nod, taking them out and putting them on a tray.

I then slide them into the oven and sit over at the couch.

"Are you okay?" Chrissy asks me and I nod.

"I'm fine smalls, why don't you turn on the tv, I gotta do work stuff, but I'll be right there" I say pointing over at my workshops.

She nods and sits on the beanbag in front of the tv as she turns on some kinda cartoon or something.

I go to my workshop and look through a couple drawers, you're probably wondering what I'm looking for exactly. Well ya see, about a year ago I built an arc reactor kinda like Tony's he posted the rough blueprints on the Stark sight and I thought I could do better and I could.

I was nearly finished with it but just forgot about it I guess, I never thought I'd need it though.

I find it in a box with a bunch of other shit, ooh is that my taser pen? It is! I thought I lost that!

Fuck I'm getting off track, I stuff the taser pen into my pocket and get to work with the arc reactor.

I do a little tinkering to make it well usable for me.

All I have to do now is take out the old one and put in the new one... simple... right?

I sit on a chair and take off my sweater then my t shirt, very difficultly might I add.

I then take a deep breath and take it out, good, there's no loose wires this is good.

Aaaaaaand I've fucked up, yeah I've fucked up, wow cardiac arrest isn't fun, gods why'd I have to take the whole magnet out.

I quickly put the new reactor in and somehow I managed to attach the wires to the baseplate, don't ask me how because normally Parker Luck ™️ doesn't work like this.

I sit up with a painful groan, fuck shit this really does hurt. The broken bones and concussion definitely don't help.

I stand up and make my way to a drawer where I keep some clothes. I throw on a black long sleeved collar shirt. Then painfully put the sling back on.

"Well Smalls, I gotta go to the tower, I'll be back later today though, I promise" I say and she nods a little looking down.

"Pinky promise?" She asks me as she tilts her head up at me.

"Pinky promise" I agree and she latched her pinky onto mine then we shake on it.

"Okay, bye Младшая сестра" I say with a small wave.

"Bye!" She exclaims with a smile, I grab my skateboard and I walk out closing the door behind me.

As soon as I'm off the gravel path of the warehouse lot I jump on my board and start skating me way to the tower. I'm pretty sure this was on the list of things Alaric told me not to do but I've got a concussion! I don't know what I'm doing!