Nine Nine! | Part Three | 65

Here's a game for y'all, count the amount of times Peter shrugs, and tell me how many you get at the end!

———

Me, Jake, Amy and Rosa sat in the precinct, break room. Boyle went away to sort his sons birthday party.

"So Peter, tell us a bit about your self other than the fact you're the coolest kid on the face of the earth!" Jake says with a grin, dam this dude is soooo ADHD.

"Uhhh, what do you wanna know?" I asks with a slight chuckle.

"Have you ever killed someone?" Rosa asks with a smirk, leaning in a little to hear what I say.

"Well obviously not Rosa, he's 15" Amy scoffs.

What do I tell em? Cuz I've killed a lotta people, though only one of me are like on my record, I think I'll just go with that one.

"Oh yeah I have, don't worry it was self-defence, you're cops, you can look it up if ya want" I say with a shrug, Amy looks horrified while Jake just looks hyped and Rosa gives me a fist bump.

"Awesome, kid!" She grins and Amy looks at her like she crazy.

(A/N btw I had to look up the legal actions that are taken when one kills another man out of self-defence. My FBI agent is probably super confused and probably worried)

"How is that awesome?! This child has murder on his conscience!" Amy exclaims.

"Oh it doesn't bother me, I just bury it deep down and forget about it, it works wonders!" I say with a grin and she looks at me, shaking her head in disbelief.

"You really are like Jake" she says with a slight scoff, and me and Jake share a sly high five, we don't even look at each other, it probably looked so cool. Okay moving on.

"Okay what are some other things about yourself, like what's your favourite book?" She asks, changing the subject.

"Cool kids don't read books Amy" Jake says and I laugh.

"Guess I'm not a cool kid because I read all the time" I say with a smirk, shrugging slightly.

"Really?! If you read it's cool! Oh my god! I should start reading books then I can be like you!" Jake says and I look at him like he's a creep.

"You know what? Reading is cool Jake, you should do it more often, and if you're into Die Hard, I recommend the Jack Reacher books, there's like 25 of em" I say, patting him on the shoulder and he grins like a child, nodding.

"Ha! You got Jake to consider reading!" Rosa says and I shrug.

"So what is your favourite book?" Amy asks.

"Depends, are we talking classics, novels or non-fiction? I've got a favourite for like each category" I ask her and she smiles.

"Tell me all of them!" She says excitedly.

"Well for classics, I'd probably go for To Kill A Mockingbird, although technically it isn't really a classic, a lot of people consider it as such, but if we're talking about the original classics if definitely go with Ulysses, To The Lighthouse, or maybe Anna Karenina" I say.

"Those are some pretty difficult books for a kid" she says with a raised brow and I shrug.

"I guess, I don't read classics all that much anymore, I went through a phase where it was all I read, honestly don't get the hype about Moby Dick, I mean it was alright I guess but it's so overrated" I say and an excited glint I know all too well lights up her eyes.