34. Getting Closer

Harry’s POV

We’re just looking at each other, no one tends to speak. But the silence between us is so awkward so I decided to break it.

“Do you want ice cream? I’ll buy you.” She nodded. So I stood up. “Just stay here, wait for me here.” She threw me a smile. She reminds me so much of Jennifer, like the first day we met, she doesn’t talk, she’s just nodding and shrugging, and maybe this kid will talk later.

I came back on the bench we’re sitting and she’s staring blankly. I cleared my throat, she looked up me and she has tears in her eyes.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, but she shook her head no. I lifted her chin up so we’re eye to eye. “Tell me what’s wrong, please?” I sat down beside her and gave her ice cream.

I don’t know, I just feel so comfortable to her, like I’ve known her for a long period of time.

“I just wanna see my daddy.” She finally speaks but her voice is cracking.

“Who’s your dad?”

“I really don’t know. I mean, I have my dad at home, a fake one. He’s name is Ryan.

Ryan? Ryan Guzman? How come? Oh stop thinking Harry, maybe he has the same name as him.

“How can you say that he’s not your real father?”

“My mom. Because I heard them talking about me, and then they finally told me the truth, that Ryan is not my real father. They’ve been lying to me.” now she breaks down in tears. I pulled her to me and hugged her. The fact that she called me daddy from the start makes me feel that she’s my daughter. Is she?

She pulled back. “Who’s your mom?”

“I don’t want to talk about her, I hate her for hiding the truth.”

“Hey, don’t hate her. She’s still your mother, she loves you, that’s why she did that.”

“How do you know?”

“I just know.” I smiled at her and she smiled back. She really has the resemblance of Jennifer. Oh here we go again Harry.

“You know what, you’re so beautiful, and your blue eyes contemplate your soft pink rose lips. You look like Jennifer.” I finally slipped it out.

She gave me a guessing look with her brows meeting together.

“Oh never mind. Just pretend that I didn’t say her name.”

Jennifer’s POV

Where’s my daughter? I’ve been walking here, pacing around, back and forth. I don’t even know what to do. I’m really stupid, I let her run away like that. I have to find her right now. So I rushed to the door, but Ryan stopped me.

“Where do you think you’re going? Find her alone?”

“I need to Ryan, she’s my daughter. I don’t let anybody hurt her. What if Alucard is just around and he sees her, he might get her, and kill her, and . . .”

“Ssshhh, stop. Don’t think about it.”

“I can’t.” I pulled away and about to open the door but Ryan held the knob first.

“You can’t go outside alone Jennifer, you can’t go find her. It’ll be more harmful when you go out, and if I’ll be the one going out, that would be harder again because I’m gonna be leaving you with no one. And I don’t want that to happen. I won’t leave you.”