43. Putting The Blame

Harry’s POV

Oh gosh, she caught us. Now let’s face this Harry, don’t be such a coward, tell her that you truly love Jennifer and you want her to come back in your life.

I looked at Jennifer, her eyes widened and her face turns red, I know this is mortifying but c’mon Jen, let’s fight for our love.

“Cris, let me explain. Just listen to me please.” I’m now standing in front of her.

“You don’t need to Harry, because I already know anything, everything.”

“What do you mean?”

She took a deep breath and held my shoulders.

“Harry, yesterday I followed you.” So this is it. “I saw you kissing her and I saw how happy you are when you’re with her. I know you still love her, and I know that this room we’re in right now is hers, because last month, when you’re drunk, I saw you entering into this room and I did follow you too. I looked around and saw this, her faces, your faces and the memories you’ve shared together. I can’t help myself but to cry that time so I turned around and walked back into our room.”

“I’m so sorry Cris. Please forgive me.”

“No, don’t say it Harry, I know you.”

She’s crying and so I wiped the tears on her face and hugged her.

“I’m letting you go Harry, because I love you, and I don’t wanna take away your happiness by just choosing me over Jennifer.” I slowly pulled away and looked at Jennifer; she’s just sitting on the bed, looking down the floor.

“She’s very beautiful Harry, and I know she’ll love you better again.”

“I don’t know what to say. . . I-I. . . thank you Cris, thank you so much, and I’m really sorry this happened.”

“It’s okay, it’s okay Harry. And I’m gonna tell you something.”

She leaned closer to me and whispered something that made me smile. I called Jennifer to come here and join us so she did.

I slid my arms around her waist and pulled her closer to me.

“Jen, Cris has something to say.” She looked at me and widened her eyes then she looked back at Cris.

“What is it Cris?” they both smiled.

“Um, please don’t be mad at me Jennifer, I don’t want to ruin your friendship but. . .”

“Cris, just say it, I won’t be mad, I promise.” She slightly raised her hand as a sign of promise.

“Okay, um. . . Jennifer I like Ryan.”

Jen and I looked at each other and laughed. Let’s see if this thing will work out.

Jennifer’s POV

Aw, she likes Ryan, and I know that Ryan likes her too, from the way he looks at her earlier, it’s obvious. I think they’ll be a perfect couple.

“Okay, Ryan is all yours Cris.” I threw her a smile.

“Really? Are you not mad?”

“No I’m not, just understand him if he’s gone for some days because he has a work and duty.”

Actually, I don’t want her to know that Ryan is our guardian, because I don’t want her to be involved in this situation, especially now that there’s something taunting us, and we still don’t know who they are. And I also don’t want her to know that we’re some angels, and I am a fallen one who fell in love with a catcher named Harry.

“Oh okay, thank you Jen.” She hugged me. “And um, can I talk to you for a moment please?” she asked me then she looked at Harry, and he just nodded.

“I’ll be downstairs, and I’mma tell Ryan that you Cris likes him.”

“Shoot you Harry!” she playfully hit his arm, he closed the door and I can still hear his laugh.

“You’re so used to him being like that.” I told her as I giggled.

“Yes, almost every time he’s like that.”

We sat down the bed face to face. She held my hand and looked at me straight. Now she’s giving me the feeling I don’t want to feel.

“Jennifer, I know how much you love Harry, and I know he is to you. He’s never been this so happy, I mean when Yrrah came into his life, I’ve never seen him smiling the sweetest, like everyday he’s wearing a smile, unlike before, when we’re still together, he’s serious and sometimes going home drunk, and I thought that he didn’t love me.”

“Sssh, don’t tell that Cris, he loves you. And I want to say thank you because he met you, thank you for loving him, for taking care of him, for understanding his silliness and for being his eyes and arms when I’m not around. I don’t think of some ways to thank you so much, because I’m really so glad that you’re part of him.”

“Just make him happy like the way you used to, okay?”

“I will.” Then we shared a hug and went downstairs.

Yrrah’s POV

I should tell Levi the truth, that Harry is really my father. But what if he’ll get mad at me, then he’ll just leave me here alone? But why give it a try? Okay, I will now.

“Um, Levi I have to tell you something really important.”

“Sure, what is it?”

“But promise me that you’ll never get angry or mad or leave me here alone.”

He cupped my face and kissed my forehead. “I will never ever leave you Yrrah.”

I took a deep breath and now. . .

“Harry is my real father.”

There’s a silence for a while, until I heard him sighed. I don’t know what does that mean, but it made me nervous and feel the feeling I don’t want to feel.

“Levi please say something.” My voice is kinda cracking because any minute right now I’m gonna cry.

“So Harry and your mom is a couple before?” I nodded.

“Why did your mom leave him?”

To be honest, I don’t know the real reason.

“Because she loves him so much, that’s why.”

“And now she’s coming back to get Harry away from my sister?!” he slightly raised his voice and I don’t like the way he said it. Because he’s referring to my mom like she’s somewhat the bad girl here, which is not true, she just wants to love my father back, I mean not only my father, our family back.

“Lev…”

“Cris loves Harry so much, and I don’t want her to see crying over him, I don’t wanna see her hurt, because it hurts me too, she finally found her happiness and now it will just suddenly disappear because your mom’s back?”

“So you’re telling me now that it’s my mother’s fault? You’re putting the blame on her?”

I’m actually crying right now, I hate it when someone’s talking about my mom like that, that she’s an evil or what.

“I’m sorry Yrrah sad to say this but, yes, I’m blaming her.”