17. This Is Getting Worst

Harry’s POV

“In every time you’re going to answer me or talk to me call me ‘Sir’.” I’m talking from my mouth neither from my heart nor from my mind. “Understand?”

“Yes.” She breathes.

“Yes what?”

“Yes sir.”

“Good. Now come with me.” I walked before her, and she’s following me. I looked at my back, to her face, but she’s not looking at me. She’s just looking on her way.

“Uh, Jennifer, you can have a 2-meter distance away from me, it’s awkward, and we’re not a couple.” Ok, that made me feels as STUPID as in CRAZY STUPID.

She just nodded and stops walking. She waited until we’re exactly 2 meters away from each other. This girl.

We went for the groceries, I let her carry the basket and pick everything I’m asking her to pick. I know she feels like quite exasperating right now, I don’t care. She’s now carrying 2 baskets. It’s obviously heavy but I don’t want to help her.

I know I’m so mean, rude, call me everything you want to call me, but I’m doing this so that she can’t be running away from me. I’m afraid that one day she’ll fly away leaving me with nothing. This is the only way I know to make her stay with me. This is not permanent; this is only a pretty game to play.

We went home at 7 pm, I sat down the couch, and Jennifer’s about to sit also but,

“Jen, cook for our dinner, I don’t want to order food tonight, I want you to cook. Since you’re learning something, show it to me.”

“Yes sir, right away.”

She stood up and went to the kitchen. After a moment, I heard a ruckus sound from where she is. And I found her with all the utensils scattered on the floor, the vegetables too, all of them, it’s all a mess. I shook my head and walk inside.

“What the hell are you doing Jennifer?” I raised my voice.

“I’m so sorry Har—I mean sir.” She’s not looking at me because she’s busy picking everything scattered on the floor. Will I help her? Of course NO!

“I’m giving you 20 minutes to prepare FOR MY DINNER, it means you’re not going to eat.” I walked out and slammed the door so hard. She’s so annoying sometimes.

Jennifer’s POV

Okay, calm down Jennifer, breathe, and don’t cry, you’re tough, you can do this, just deal with him, don’t mind him.

But the truth is, I can’t breathe and I want to cry, I’m not tough and I can’t do this. I can’t deal with him like this. He became rude to me, he’s so evil. And he just gave me 20 minutes to prepare HIS FOOD. I buried my face on my palm and started crying because I really don’t know what to do now. I don’t know how to cook, and if I don’t cook for him, he’s going to scold me like I’m nothing to him, like I’m a full stranger. He’s hurting me.

He came back and he found me sitting on the counter stool still had tears in my eyes. I looked at him and he’s scowling at me. Oh god, I didn’t do anything. It’s a big trouble again.