28. The Consequences

Jennifer’s POV

Now my memory is back, I can clearly recognize my father and Eniam, my best friend. And then I landed my sight into the crying man standing in front of me, I feel sorrow inside my heart when I look into his bright blue eyes. The pain is nailed in my palms; I can feel tears on my face. Little voice in my head confounding the new life I’m being with. Should I do this or should I not?

“You’re crying.” My father snapped me out.

“I have to go upstairs, and I think you should go home too, it’s already late at night.” His voice is cracking but stern. But the urge of my feeling to stay here is strong.

“Thank you, we really should go, we don’t have to stay here any longer.” No, I want to stay here, I just want to.

My father grabbed my hand and made me stand up.

“Adhara, don’t be so hard headed, when I said we should go, we’re going. You’re not going to stay here.” Then he walked me through the door. “Goodbye Harry.” He continued.

Goodbye . . . Harry?

His name is holding me back. I want to hug him, I just want to stay in his arms, I don’t know, he’s pulling me into him.

We got into the Hidden Falls and I’m just sitting into my window’s room, thinking about him.

I’ve only been here when I was 8, playing along with the guardians. I tried to escape too, because I saw a kid who’s running around the forest.

“Hey!” I shouted, so he can hear me. He stops.

He walked near me, so we were face to face.

“Hi.” He replied.

“I think you’re lost. Aren’t you?”

“I think so. Because I don’t know which way to go back.”

“Can you play with me?” I asked, and he agreed.

So we played all day until the darkness bites the light surrounding the universe.

“I had a great time to be with you. By the way I’m . . .”

I’m about to tell him my name but one of the guardians saw me.

“Your father is looking for you. Let’s go home.”

He carried me into his arms and we walked away, but my sight is still fixed into the child I’ve met. I’ve never had the chance to know his name.

“Father, can we just go back to him?” he shook his head.

“You’re killing yourself Adhara.”

Killing myself? I am not killing myself. Why did he tell that?

“Alucard is now hunting you. You don’t know what’s happening Adhara!”

“I really don’t know what’s happening because you’re not telling me! What do you want me to do? Just stay and hide in Swarga? I’ve been there for my whole life father; I just want to be free. I want to learn how to fly with my own wings.”

“This is not your world! Will you please just do what I’m telling you?”

“That’s it, I’ve been summoned by your words, my mother too. Father, I am old enough for myself. Can’t you see that?”