42. Caught

Yrrah’s POV

I should get ready, but after all what I’ve heard last night, I mean there’s a manly voice talking with another one, but I don’t know who they are, and I don’t know what they’re talking about, they are like just inside this room. And the worst part is, I heard the older man said “Kill both of them.” And that made me so afraid and caused me not to sleep for the rest of the night.

I want to tell my mom it so badly, but I think she won’t believe me, and I’m just making a story. Well, it’s like a story, it’s like unreal, but it’s really real and now I’m afraid, what if they’re just around here and they’re planning to kill both of them? Wait, who’s them? And then I realized what if they’re pertaining to me and my mother? No, no Yrrah, don’t think that, you’re safe because Ryan will protect you.

“Yrrah, baby, why are you not dressed yet?” Mom entered with a smile on her face, and here we go again, well, I don’t want to take it away from her.

“Guys let’s go.” And here’s Ryan, they’re already ready. And, Ryan is coming too? Nice. I’ve got a plan.

I nervously looked at them first in the eyes and took a deep breath.

“Is there something you wanna tell me? Spill it baby.”

Okay, this is it. “Um mom, I heard 2 men talking and they’re just like inside my room, and they’re planning to kill someone. Not someone, 2 people I guess.”

They both looked at each other, but they just shove it away. See, they won’t believe me.

“Maybe you’re just dreaming last night, we didn’t hear anything tho.” maybe? “Now, just go get dressed so we can go.”

“Okay.”

Ryan’s POV

She asks me to let her go again. So I promised to set her free, because I really do love her. But the fact that we’re still sharing a bed can still make me smile inside. Oh stop now Ryan, that’s the last time already. Fine. Well, she asked me to come with them to Harry’s so I agreed, because I also want to see my friend after a long time. To see how his life works, and I missed him too. But when we entered Yrrah’s room, she told us something unbelievable. I mean, she’s not just telling a story, it’s real. I can tell that what she’s telling us is real because I can see fear in her eyes; I can hear fear in her voice. But who would they be? I should get them away from here.

“Jennifer, I know you believe Yrrah.”

“Yeah why?”

“What she told us about earlier is real. She’ll not be telling us that thing if she didn’t hear anything.”

“I know, and that’s taunting me.” she sighed hard. “What if someone really wants to kill us.

“They won’t kill you Jen, I am here to fight for you, I don’t want anything happen to you. You understand?” she nodded and hugs me.

“Thank you so much Ry, thank you for everything.”